Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New £4.75m Ricoh Arena station can take up to 75 passengers per hour

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
Nearly five million quid for a station that can only be used when there's no demand? I'd say I was surprised, but it is the same Council that lost tens of millions on the Ricoh...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hilarious. Makes you realise how lucky we are.
Sadly it appears that it isn't the train operator who has blown millions of pounds but a taxpayer-funded quango.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Just upgrade the service with any spare cash and park in the carpark.

Attachments

• Dudu-Mini-Train-Amusement-Park-Tour-Train.jpg
    Dudu-Mini-Train-Amusement-Park-Tour-Train.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 305

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
My brain hurts.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
From those stories, I can't see any mention of any purpose for having the station there other than for events at the stadium.

"and it will connect people living in the north of the city with the jobs that will be created at Friargate, next to Coventry railway station."

"The station at the Ricoh will improve access to job opportunities for local people and will create a quick connection between the north of Coventry and the city centre in one direction and Nuneaton in the other."

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
A new article on the Cov Telegraph website has pointed out that it would take 18 days running 24 hours a day for the service to clear a capacity crowd.

And people moan if they're not in Brighton within half an hour of our home games finishing!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I was up at the Ricoh earlier this month for the Goliath poker tournament held there and when we went past this new station we noticed that someone had put a lamp post in the middle of a pathway leading to the station platform, nothing strange so far, but this pathway was gated and the gates opened inwards right onto the lamp post meaning that they were unable to be opened any more than about a foot before hitting this post.

After seeing that, this latest bit of poor planning doesn't surprise me at all.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was up at the Ricoh earlier this month for the Goliath poker tournament held there and when we went past this new station we noticed that someone had put a lamp post in the middle of a pathway leading to the station platform, nothing strange so far, but this pathway was gated and the gates opened inwards right onto the lamp post meaning that they were unable to be opened any more than about a foot before hitting this post.

After seeing that, this latest bit of poor planning doesn't surprise me at all.

Haha, it gets better- hilarious!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Looking on the bright side, at least they won't have to stand around at Brighton Station for an hour waiting for a train up to their stadium..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here