Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Hmmmm

I'm sure he crossed for muzzas first v man u and for the gross chance at Liverpool ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Correct regarding Murray, Gross chance was cross from Montoya.

Your spot on about March’s defensive work but he just isn’t good enough going forward for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Needs - and deserves - a start imo too. He looks very talented from what we've seen so far, and unfortunately March, despite definitely showing improvement, still hasn't really shown he's good enough despite having God knows how many chances now. Offensively just doesn't offer enough - I'm perplexed at how poor his crossing can be for a winger at that level for a start!

Hughton out.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Very much agree.

Really disagree, the shift in momentum in the second half started with CH switching Pröpper and Bissouma’s positions in midfield.

Also Naylor tweeted that he expects Groß to be out for a little while this morning so yeah we’re going to need to improvise Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it looked that way from my sofa. Bissouma (that run aside) looked more suited to a more traditional midfield role rather than the number 10 position. May change in time but for now I'd prefer Propper pushed forward instead.

I know we were shite all round in the first half but Bissouma seemed to be dropping far too deep, passing backwards when there were better options etc quite a lot for someone who was supposed to be in the Gross role.

Jimmy Grimble

Does he take full backs on? Looks a tidy player with good technique but I’ve yet to see him run at a defender...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was quite surprised by the criticism he received yesterday.
I thought he played well enough with the look of a player who has more to give, a la Bissouma.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Does he take full backs on? Looks a tidy player with good technique but I’ve yet to see him run at a defender...

My observations from yesterday's game were that he has a great touch and good technique, as you say. But at times he looked a little hesitant and lacking in confidence. Hopefully, with game time that'll come. There's definitely a player in there. Strange that so many seem to be writing him off so quickly. Actually, it's not strange but entirely predictable and not without precedent.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I think most have said 'Jury's out' rather than writing him off. Still, how long he gets to prove himself is another matter, a lot was spent so we cannot wait 4 seasons for an impact.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My observations from yesterday's game were that he has a great touch and good technique, as you say. But at times he looked a little hesitant and lacking in confidence. Hopefully, with game time that'll come. There's definitely a player in there. Strange that so many seem to be writing him off so quickly. Actually, it's not strange but entirely predictable and not without precedent.

Agreed. Needs more game time.........next season will be key as long as he gets a good run this season. He’s been either injured or absent for a lot of this term too.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

As opposed to the Derby number 11 who in the 2nd half put in cross after cross, beating Bernardo for fun. I watched him and thought “that’s what I want to see from a winger”.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If you look at his stats from pretty much every club he's played at you'll see that he tends to do a lot lot better in his second season at that club. So I certainly think we'll see the best of him eventually. He just needs to get off the mark and then I reckon he'll go from strength to strength

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As opposed to the Derby number 11 who in the 2nd half put in cross after cross, beating Bernardo for fun. I watched him and thought “that’s what I want to see from a winger”.
But not necessarily what Mr Hughton wants from all his wingers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jury still very much our for me, he's done very little that you could call productive so far. Yes he needs time to adapt to the game over here, but he's a fully fledged International, and we can't really afford passengers in our situation. He needs to start producing and having an impact soon.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Too easily knocked off the ball for me but we were saying that about Bernando early on so there is still hope AJ can grow into English football.

Be nice to have players worth £15m plus that didn’t always have 12month adjustment periods though wouldn’t it? You know, go straight into the side and immediately start playing quality football. Like in the old days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Be nice to have players worth £15m plus that didn’t always have 12month adjustment periods though wouldn’t it? You know, go straight into the side and immediately start playing quality football. Like in the old days.

Totally agree.
Good 9,000th post :thumbsup:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks

Not sure what good that would have done considering there was no one for our wingers to cross to. The reason Ali and Knocky had to keep cutting inside was that Locadia was the only Albion player in the middle and was being marked out the game by Keogh.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here