Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Obvious bands which you knew about, but passed you buy until later

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A friend made a point of buying me a **** Buttons album for my birthday. How on earth did I overlook these two guys until now? Baffling.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arrrrrrrrrgh......by, not buy.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dare I say Coldplay?

The Smiths

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interpol. Right up my street and not till my son bought me a CD for Christmas a while back had I heard of them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Beatles, obviously knew all the singles from growing up but didn't get to know the albums until quite recently as they had gone out of fashion in my teenage years. Likewise John Lennon's albums. Visited the Yoko Ono & John Lennon 'Double Fantasy' exhibition while in Liverpool last weekend and ordered 'Imagine' a couple of days ago as a result.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nick Cave is another for me. Completely passed me by until I met the wife and she took me to a Cave acoustic gig.

As an aside, that was by far the loudest and most aggressive acoustic gig I have ever witnessed.

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Any 'Hard Rock' band as was a kicking offense to like them in an Essex Comprehensive school c1979...

AC-DC and Thin Lizzy now firm favourites, though my main preference still electronic music

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Beatles.

#UnderTheRadar.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I don't think I'm alone in this as they passed many people by at the time, but I was aware of the name Neutral Milk Hotel for about a decade before I finally heard In the Aeroplane Over the Sea.

Now one of my top two or three favourite albums of all time, and one of the top two or three live bands I've ever seen.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Beatles, obviously knew all the singles from growing up but didn't get to know the albums until quite recently as they had gone out of fashion in my teenage years. Likewise John Lennon's albums. Visited the Yoko Ono & John Lennon 'Double Fantasy' exhibition while in Liverpool last weekend and ordered 'Imagine' a couple of days ago as a result.

Have a listen to Georges album All Things Must Pass, possibly the best solo Beatles album.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Faith No More for me.

Quite the opposite for me. I saw them first at my uni on the first album with Chuck Mosley (RIP) on vocals. There was 50-100 people in the crowd. I saw them next at the Marquee with Mike Patton. The rest is history.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
TV personalities, I wrote them off as a joke band after the single "part time punks" it was only when my son started playing them 30 years later I discovered that Dan Tracy and the TV Personalities are very very dark but witty and brilliant !

( My son only discovered them through his liking of Sid Barrett )

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here