Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Games 31/03/18 - 01/04/18

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I have said many times I do n ot support Spurs because they get nothing out of me but I do follow their fortunes and like to see them win unless it is against us but what I liked was the manner in which obviously Pochettino sorted them out at half time and told them what to do to dominate Chelsea. I like a manager that can highlight those points and act on them .

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pay back for 2012, when Chelsea – who had won the Champions League that summer, but finished sixth in the league – qualified for the Champions League in place of Tottenham Hotspur, who went into the Europa League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Says the fan of Spurs for more than 60 years.

You can tell because he's written more positives about Spurs in this thread alone, than his entire outpourings on the Albion, all weekend.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A supporter does that supports them with cash purchases etc but I do not and any money that I spend goes to BHA so I am a follower of their forttunes rather than a supporter.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm a big fan of Quickstep-Floors cycling team with Zdenek Stybar being one of my favourite riders.
I'm definitely a supporter of theirs even though not only have I never given them any money directly I have never bought any of their sponsors products.

In fact I shop at Aldi the direct competition to QSF's secondary sponsor Lidl, and yet I'm still a supporter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm a big fan of Quickstep-Floors cycling team with Zdenek Stybar being one of my favourite riders.
I'm definitely a supporter of theirs even though not only have I never given them any money directly I have never bought any of their sponsors products.

In fact I shop at Aldi the direct competition to QSF's secondary sponsor Lidl, and yet I'm still a supporter.

If they make no money out of you How Do You SUPPORT them. Like me and Spurs you only follow them but it suits people to not be able to differentiate between the two What financial support do they get from you? Nothing.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How bad are Stoke ?
They couldn’t even beat Arsenal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] are you bored enough to allow me to tag you in.
It's quite simple all you have to do is explain how supporting a team doesn't have to be financial, you know like:-

Give approval, comfort, or encouragement to.
‘the proposal was supported by many delegates’

Be actively interested in and concerned for the success of (a particular sports team)
‘fans should always support their team fully, no matter what’

As it's primary school English it really should be too difficult to get the point across.

Last edited:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Just wondering- Do Arsenal have a ticket exchange system in place?

I know not everyone wants to sell their ticket and some seats will always be empty, but if they are empty in such numbers, something like a ticket exchange really could help. I imagine there are lots of people including tourists who would just want to watch a top division game and would pick up tickets if made available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hey [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] are you bored enough to allow me to tag you in.
It's quite simple all you have to do is explain how supporting a team doesn't have to be financial, you know like:-

Give approval, comfort, or encouragement to.
‘the proposal was supported by many delegates’

Be actively interested in and concerned for the success of (a particular sports team)
‘fans should always support their team fully, no matter what’

As it's primary school English it really should be too difficult to get the point across.

I think we’ve got quite a few ‘fans’ that have another club as their first love, but because they spend a bit of cash at the Albion and maybe have a season ticket because it’s easier than slogging up to North London (for example) every other week they call themselves ‘Brighton’. You can spot them quite easily on here though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I know not everyone wants to sell their ticket and some seats will always be empty, but if they are empty in such numbers, something like a ticket exchange really could help. I imagine there are lots of people including tourists who would just want to watch a top division game and would pick up tickets if made available.

Yes they do - guy who works for me is an STH and explained how it works. Very similar to our new system, but instead of returned cash they get a discount off of the ST next season I think.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The BBC team, who had a full view of the entire stadium today, reckoned there were 25,000 out of 60,000 empty seats at The Emirates today. Amazing lack of interest from gooners with several weeks of the season to go. When Liverpool and Spuds endured many seasons of such PL disappointment, their stadia still filled out to the end of seasons. The new wealthy wave of Arsenal fans seem very fickle.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
The BBC team, who had a full view of the entire stadium today, reckoned there were 25,000 out of 60,000 empty seats at The Emirates today. Amazing lack of interest from gooners with several weeks of the season to go. When Liverpool and Spuds endured many seasons of such PL disappointment, their stadia still filled out to the end of seasons. The new wealthy wave of Arsenal fans seem very fickle.

It's ok building these big stadiums(spurs next) however you fill them when you are doing well
and they can be half empty when you are doing poorly.As we all know.

30/40K is one thing but once you start getting to 50/60 that's a big stadium to fill.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's ok building these big stadiums(spurs next) however you fill them when you are doing well
and they can be half empty when you are doing poorly.As we all know.

30/40K is one thing but once you start getting to 50/60 that's a big stadium to fill.

Arsenal's few years of real success up to 2004 drew in loads of fairly well off new supporters from SE England. I know quite a few blokes who as adults and their families who first got into Arsenal in the George Graham and early Wenger years, living in Brighton and Hove, who shared Emirates ST's. They're gradually getting fed up after 14 years since of disappointments, famous humiliations and decline at £2,000 per ST, with a long day by train to get to the Emirates from down here. Some are reluctantly getting into the Albion as their second team, getting Amex ST's.

Our gain I suppose.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland

Funnily enough I actually have Quick-Step flooring throughout the entirety of my bungalow yet I had no idea whatsoever that I was a fan of a cycling team.

Funny old world eh? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here