Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Fan arrested for racist chanting.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I saw the penalty. I guess I was completely focused with what was happening in the North End.

I feel a sudden empathy with Arsene Wenger.

Me too! Don't think anyone around me saw the smoke bomb either!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
****ing typical NSC, this. Some tosser shames the club and himself by racially abusing someone, like a hooligan, in 2015(!), in the most liberal City of one of the most liberal countries in the world, with a fair and just democratic system and a police service which - for the most part - puts up with all kinds of bollocks from pissed up idiots going to football matches.

And some absolute bellend complains that the police then arrest him promptly.

I hate you

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Not at all. It is standard for the fuzz to only wade in when they feel they can easily handle it. Hence one bloke who doesn't know it's coming will be converged upon whereas a gang of shites looking for trouble left alone. Or on another occasion I am still slightly bitter about one young chap taking a piss will be threatened with pepper spray while the participants of a massed street fight a couple of minutes down the road will be avoided.

Coppers are a bunch of knuckle dragging wankers in general.

I know a county sheriff in Texas that used to poke his prisoners in the arse with a nightstick and say "that there fellas is your sex life for the next ?? years. (?? being length of the prison term). Then he'd hand them over to the state prison system.

???

Attachments

• scan0036.jpg
    scan0036.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 846

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
****ing typical NSC, this. Some tosser shames the club and himself by racially abusing someone, like a hooligan, in 2015(!), in the most liberal City of one of the most liberal countries in the world, with a fair and just democratic system and a police service which - for the most part - puts up with all kinds of bollocks from pissed up idiots going to football matches.

And some absolute bellend complains that the police then arrest him promptly.

I hate you

:lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Me too! Don't think anyone around me saw the smoke bomb either!

Yeah I didn't see the smoke bomb either, and neither did anyone else around me, it wasn't even mentioned. I sit WU overlooking the north stand goal area so was pretty much focused on the penalty if it was thrown at that time.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Maybe Darren Balkam's tweets clear up the racism claim: To correct a headline in [MENTION=3357]brighton[/MENTION]argus the arrest made today for racist chanting was in connection to a previous game, there were no incidents today between Brighton and Birmingham supporters.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I saw a fan in North stand being spoken to police at the final whistle, could have been him, there were 5 officers near

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah I didn't see the smoke bomb either, and neither did anyone else around me, it wasn't even mentioned. I sit WU overlooking the north stand goal area so was pretty much focused on the penalty if it was thrown at that time.

You sit right near me then mate! Yeh nobody around me mentioned it either...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It was, what I said was the ref left it on the pitch instead of clearing it off before the penalty was taken, had the ref not blown for half time we would have attacked right after the save and the ref would have had to stop the game as the smoke bomb was in their penalty area. He blew the whistle as Tex was running down the wing with the ball directly after the save was cleared.

Maybe the ref had already decided that time was up. Under the rules, a penalty has to be taken even if 45 minutes plus what ever injury time for that half has elapsed. The ref therefore knew there would be no attack after the penalty. The ref blew long before Tex got down the wing.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The last accusation of racist chanting at a Brighton game was made by a tv viewer, who misheard the chant "sea sea sea siders" as "sheep sheep sheep shagger", when Craig Bellamy had the ball.
I hope this is a similar error.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sadly chubby with greying hair.... though medium build with dark hair in 1979

So you remember the correct game AND (used to) fit (one of) the eye witness descriptions. Plenty good enough for a conviction. Members of the jury, what more evidence do you need?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was, what I said was the ref left it on the pitch instead of clearing it off before the penalty was taken, had the ref not blown for half time we would have attacked right after the save and the ref would have had to stop the game as the smoke bomb was in their penalty area. He blew the whistle as Tex was running down the wing with the ball directly after the save was cleared.

You also said "Still serves the twats right for throwing a smoke bomb to celebrate a penalty save."

It's this last paragraph that makes no sense even with your clarification.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here