Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
To me it feels like they're running out of AMO, and as the whole thing comes undone they come to realise there a virtually no winners with Brexit. Personal insults and accusations are the only thing the 19% have left

A good summary. While Remain voters focus on the news stories and analysis Vote Leave seem to have given up and just sling insults and deflect with personal digs at HT and others. The writing is on the wall as they say!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
To me it feels like they're running out of AMO, and as the whole thing comes undone they come to realise there a virtually no winners with Brexit. Personal insults and accusations are the only thing the 19% have left

Still have plenty in the tank.
We do after all have the moral high ground and democracy on our side thanks to the vote winning Referendum.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Which AMO is that then?I've looked at most of the definitions and still haven't got a clue what you're on about.Is it something to do with tax avoidance????
dildo.jpg

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which AMO is that then?I've looked at most of the definitions and still haven't got a clue what you're on about.Is it something to do with tax avoidance????
View attachment 91331

Do you ever shut up? Seriously, you post minute after minute of absolute ****ing incessant childish drivel. Do you seriously have such a low lack of self-awareness?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A good summary. While Remain voters focus on the news stories and analysis Vote Leave seem to have given up and just sling insults and deflect with personal digs at HT and others. The writing is on the wall as they say!

i think leavers are more focused on getting on with their jobs and the general day to day, rather than obsess over ever news item on Brexit. for example, most healthcare industry is more concerned with GDPR compliance than where the researchers go to for their junkets, as a manager here put it yesturday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One of his flying monkeys like Pissedafarian will likely swoop in. Enough for one day, off to see Bonobo tonight, should be a good un. Take her easy.

Have fun. He was at as festival last year I went to. He had a huge band with him; I didn't see it but those who did said it was excellent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i think leavers are more focused on getting on with their jobs and the general day to day, rather than obsess over ever news item on Brexit. for example, most healthcare industry is more concerned with GDPR compliance than where the researchers go to for their junkets, as a manager here put it yesturday.

I don't have much exposure to consumer healthcare so can't really comment.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This must be wrong, Herr Tubby?

https://order-order.com/2017/11/21/siemens-cut-european-jobs-expand-uk/

Siemens, the most blue-chip of German manufacturers, is cutting some 3,000 jobs in Germany, over 1,000 across Europe and nearly 2,000 in the US. At the same time, despite the company campaigning vociferously against Brexit and threatening to with withdraw future investment, it is now investing €39 million to expand its largest UK plant in Lincoln which employs 1,500 people…

#DespiteBrexit

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Siemens, the most blue-chip of German manufacturers, is cutting some 3,000 jobs in Germany, over 1,000 across Europe and nearly 2,000 in the US. At the same time, despite the company campaigning vociferously against Brexit and threatening to with withdraw future investment, it is now investing €39 million to expand its largest UK plant in Lincoln which employs 1,500 people…

#DespiteBrexit

"A spokeswoman for Siemens declined to give a figure over the exact number of positions going in the UK. However, she said it would be "extremely manageable".

I'll comment when it's confirmed how many jobs are being lost in the U.K.

(Do you actually read any of the stuff you post?)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

#DespiteBrexit

Even the Brexit backing Daily Telegraph covered all this last week impartially. Did you miss it, or do you take all your news spun from a right-wing blog site now?

It is thought Siemens will reduce job numbers in the UK by not filling positions when employees leave and potentially through voluntary redundancy. It expects to avoid compulsory redundancies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/11/16/siemens-slash-6900-roles-worldwide/

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

#DespiteBrexit

39m is a years UK average salary for each U.K. based Siemens worker. Maybe the "investment" is the redundancy pay offs?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here