Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Views sought on upcoming Palace fixture

Just seen this on official site:

Brighton & Hove Albion would like to advise ALL fans planning to attend its Premier League fixture against Crystal Palace at the Amex on Tuesday 28th November, kick-off 7.45pm of the following important information.

TICKETS

The club has spent the past few weeks liaising closely with Sussex Police, Metropolitan Police and Crystal Palace FC, and all four parties agreed on an away allocation of 2,000 tickets (this allocation will be reciprocated for the return fixture at Selhurst Park next April).

This joint decision was based on the successful staging of the Championship play-off semi-final second leg between the two sides at the Amex in May 2013, where Crystal Palace were also allocated 2,000 tickets.

Palace fans are advised that they must bring either their membership or season-ticket card with their match ticket in order to gain entry through the away turnstiles. The name on the season/membership card must also match the name on the ticket.

The away end in the South Stand will open two hours before kick-off, and all fans entering the stadium will be searched, including all bags.

All fans are advised to avoid bringing bags wherever possible to speed up the search process.

TRAVEL

Park & Ride: The club will be running the three usual park & ride sites at Mill Road, Brighton Racecourse and Mithras House, and visiting supporters travelling by car are advised to head to the racecourse site.

The racecourse site [postcode BN2 9XZ] has the largest capacity and allows for the easiest access to and from the stadium.

There is no onsite parking available at the stadium, but a very limited number of near-site spaces are for sale on a first-come first-served basis at the Bridge car park at seagullstickets.com.

Trains: All visiting supporters can take advantage of the free subsidised travel within the free travel zone. Click here for more information. Palace fans will only need to buy a return ticket to Haywards Heath and can travel the rest of the journey for free.

The club has also paid Southern for a special service to accommodate between 800 and 1000 Palace fans travelling north after the game. This will go directly from Falmer, stopping at Three Bridges, East Croydon and Clapham Junction.

The away end in the South Stand will open two hours before kick-off, and all fans entering the stadium will be searched, as will all bags.

BARS AND AWAY FAN FRIENDLY PUBS

The pubs located within the immediate vicinity of Brighton Station have been designated as home only at the licensees’ discretion.

Visiting fans are advised that the away friendly pubs and bars are located on West Street and include Yates and Wetherspoons.

The club recommends that all fans allow at least an hour to travel by train from the mainline Brighton station to the stadium, in order to arrive in plenty of time before kick-off.

The bars in the away concourses will remain open after the game, closing at 10.30pm and 11pm respectively.

The club will publish more information as and when it becomes available.
Totaly baffled now,which way can i walk round the stadium after the game:mad:

I didn't make it to the meeting, unfortunately. The train I was catching over from West Worthing was cancelled and the following one was delayed. I'd have arrived about 45 minutes after the start of the meeting and, not knowing how long it was going to run for, it didn't feel like it was worth the journey.

:facepalm:Its like Munich all over again but with chambers not getting along:rolleyes:

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Maybe I am alone in thinking this but this fixture seems to hold less importance than in years gone by.Don’t get me wrong it is still a big game & a game we have to win but over the last few years our games against Palace were the biggest games of the season bar none.This season the Palace Home game is sandwiched between games against Man Utd & Liverpool.so the build up to it will not be as intense as it normally would be because of the games we have either side of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Maybe I am alone in thinking this but this fixture seems to hold less importance than in years gone by.Don’t get me wrong it is still a big game & a game we have to win but over the last few years our games against Palace were the biggest games of the season bar none.This season the Palace Home game is sandwiched between games against Man Utd & Liverpool.so the build up to it will not be as intense as it normally would be because of the games we have either side of it.

To clarify - games against Palace are the biggest games of the season bar none.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I didn't make it to the meeting, unfortunately. The train I was catching over from West Worthing was cancelled and the following one was delayed. I'd have arrived about 45 minutes after the start of the meeting and, not knowing how long it was going to run for, it didn't feel like it was worth the journey.

Sabotage. Bloody Palace.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

If somebody offered me a guaranteed victory against Palace, but it meant we'd lose 4-0 to Man.U & Liverpool I would take it without hesitation. They were the first team I looked for when the fixtures came out and it is the biggest game of the season.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
A big mob of yours roaming around Kings Cross looking for Palace coming back from Peterborough, find some Palace youth in a pub, and call it on, it hardly putting Palace in their place !

Mate if you ain't got the facts you are better off keeping quiet or at very least admitting you don't know what happened.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
If somebody offered me a guaranteed victory against Palace, but it meant we'd lose 4-0 to Man.U & Liverpool I would take it without hesitation. They were the first team I looked for when the fixtures came out and it is the biggest game of the season.
Absolutely. Magnified for me by living in South East London.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Survival and beating Palace are the only two things that mean anything to me this season, everything else is gravy.
:albion2:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Just seen this on official site:

stuff..

The club has also paid Southern for a special service to accommodate between 800 and 1000 Palace fans travelling north after the game. This will go directly from Falmer, stopping at Three Bridges, East Croydon and Clapham Junction.

other stuff...

OOoo.. if i could stand the smell, then this train would be dead handy for getting home.. in record time too probably..:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here