Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] First TORY minister named as .......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just what we need... Jezza and his £500BILLION of unfunded spending promises. :facepalm:

Do you prefer continuing austerity and further cuts to Education,Council services and the NHS ? Do you not understand or see that the country is going backwards ? When child poverty is set to increase yet again in the 5th biggest economy in the world do you not feel ashamed ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You make a fine point, I LOVE going to watch Rugby, love watching England but it's very difficult to get some sort of kinship with your fellow fans. They're not like me.

I'll tell you something else, the constant narrative that homophobic abuse, racist abuse etc wouldn't happen at Rugby either doesn't go very often or has their head in the sand. Sure, there's no chanting, (that would be vulgar) but I've heard some pretty unsavoury discussions about Nigel Owens on a couple of occasions and somehow the singing of Swing Low following Chris Oti's performance in 1988 goes unchallenged to this day.

Maybe, as they're discussing on the radio this morning, this is the end of the old boys club....

Absolutely. I can't stand 'Swing Low'. I'd never been to an England away game before Cardiff in 2013 but seriously, after seeing The Welsh compared to some of The England fans, who as you say, are not like me and you, I did genuinely feel more empathy with The Welsh fans that day. We shook hands with The Welsh around us at full time and said 'well done, have a good night mate' etc and I meant it, really meant it too. They love to beat England and all that, but they also know full well the particular type of English they're beating at Rugby.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The least wealthy 5%? Which would be around 3.5 million people, not 5.2 million kids.

This makes no sense. What if 50% of the population cannot afford to feed, clothe or house themselves? Would you only say the lower 10% of this group were in poverty? No, you wouldn’t.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Poverty is not just defined by wealth, or lack of it. Factors such as access to services, accomodation and information all play a part.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Chief Whip Gavin Williamson has been appointed as the new Defence Secretary after Sir Michael Fallon's resignation.

Mr Williamson has been replaced as Chief Whip by his former deputy, Julian Smith.

Seem like a good solid appointments.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This makes no sense. What if 50% of the population cannot afford to feed, clothe or house themselves? Would you only say the lower 10% of this group were in poverty? No, you wouldn’t.

As taken from dictionary.com, (not Oxford I know, but easily accessible) 'the state or condition of having little or no money, goods, or means of support; condition of being poor.' Your point of 50% of the population being unable to feed or clothe themselves is simply a political smokescreen, it simply is not true as well you know.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As taken from dictionary.com, (not Oxford I know, but easily accessible) 'the state or condition of having little or no money, goods, or means of support; condition of being poor.' Your point of 50% of the population being unable to feed or clothe themselves is simply a political smokescreen, it simply is not true as well you know.

He never claimed 50% of the population would be in poverty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here