Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ref for Swansea

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
don't get the animosity towards Mike Dean to be fair. OK , he sent Stephens off for a dubious foul (depending on your point of view).
What gets up my nose more is the decisions refs DON'T make....ie the deliberate handball on Sunday, which is a booking all day long......need I go on ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
don't get the animosity towards Mike Dean to be fair. OK , he sent Stephens off for a dubious foul (depending on your point of view).
What gets up my nose more is the decisions refs DON'T make....ie the deliberate handball on Sunday, which is a booking all day long......need I go on ?
He should have sent Ramirez off as well for knocking the yellow card out of his hand.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I don't get why you can't understand the depth of feeling towards the ref who ruined our biggest game since the 1983 cup final. Oh well.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That was the worst thing about it. The fact that Ramirez told Dean to send Stephens off and he complied. Surely it's also an offence (even maybe a Red) to deliberately knock a card out of a referee's hand? Yet he took no action.

And since when does the extent of an injury dictate the punishment? Players can easily be injured completely accidentally. I actually think Ramirez was the player more intent on committing a foul. He just came out of it worse.

At any level, it was diabolical officiating. The fact that it occurred in such an important match just makes it worse. We should give him all the abuse he deserves.

Forgot to add to that the fact that the injury was only do bad because Ramirez wasn't wearing proper shin pads. Ultimately that's why Stephens was sent off. Ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here