Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team For Tuesday

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I'm surprised that nearly everyone has Goldy in for Duffy - I'd be surprised if CH drops him but agree that he should, got a feeling he'll stick with Hemed n Murray unfortunately even though it's patently obvious that this combination isn't working, Baldock is a poor option unfortunately - would rather go with with Knocky behind Murray

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are other ways to tighten up. Like just making sure Bruno doesn't venture forward so much and so often. Ridiculous to even suggest Bruno should be dropped for one bad game. Not convinced Duffy will be either - he's never going to settle in if he's not playing and 2 games hardly constitutes a fair crack of the whip. Teams don't tend to spend £4m on a centre-back unless they expect them to be first choice.

That is the worry

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
This is more than names on a team sheet. We need a change of formation because the 442 is not working at the moment. I'd go for a 41221 with Norwood as the holding midfielder with the key role of protecting the fullbacks.

Stock
Bruno. Goldson. Dunk. Bong (or wba man)
Norwood
Kayal. Stephens
Knock. Skalak
Murray

This would certainly be a formidable lineup.

I think ye may be right. Good shout.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Because the right side of our defence was very poor so either Bruno or Duffy has to be changed to tighten up and perhaps only perhaps age is catching up with Bruno. As we have no recognised right back to replace him it seems logical that the one to get changed would be Duffy for Goldson.

Christ. Our 35 year old right-back, captain and one of the most consistent players of my lifetime has one bad game (as did they all, bar a few) and now age is catching up with him!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last season he would have got back to stop Hogan but couldnt yesterday. He is only 3 weeks off of 36. so a year older than this time last season.and I only suggested it could be not said it was definite.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
For Tuesday, Baldock has to Start, with Hemed. Murray on the bench. Goldson in for Duffy, Stephens in for Norwood, and I'd bring in Skalak for Murphy. Let's get back to normality.
We had a rough patch last year when we missed Rosenior Baldock and Hünemaiaer. Pretty similar this year. Let's hope the wobble is now and things go back to normal from here.

I go with this.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We really can talk about his all day. There are so many options. The real issue is not who plays but how they play. We know they have got it in them to play well and win, whoever is picked. They just have to produce it on the pitch.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hughton has tinkered with the team too much so far this season. As others have suggested, give this team a proper run and our form should pick up:

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Bong

Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
Skalak

Hemed
Baldock

My tendency although I would have Lualua (if fit) for Jirí Skalák.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
After last seasons excellent consistency I fear that the aging Bruno may get more exposed this year, On what I've witnessed so far Duffy doesnt look any better that Greer and should be replaced by Goldson although this is unlikely to happen despite Goldson looking like one of our most exciting defensive signings in many years. If Stephens is so important that we turned down several multi million pound offers for him then he simply has to start its a no brainer for me. Stockdale looks off form and Maenpaa deserves a run in the team so he gets the nod there although I would still keep Bong at LB with the option to replace him with Poco if need be. Its tight between Skalak and Murphy but from what I've seen Murphy just shades it. Up front its Baldock and Murray a I think Murray has that little bit extra in his game than Hemed.

Likelyx team however is probably nearer to this:

Stocko
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong
Knocky
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy
Baldock
Hemed

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno -- Goldson/Duffy --- Dunk --- Bong
Knockaert -- Kayal -- Stephens -- Murphy
------------ Baldock ------- Murray ------------

Subs: Maenpaa, Goldson/Duffy, Pocognoli, Norwood, Skalak, Manu, Hemed

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Three changes. Stephens for Norwood, Goldson for Duffy and Baldock for Hemed.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
3 changes for me. Go back to the team that smashed this division last year:

Stockdale;

Bruno;
Goldson;
Dunk;
Bong;

Knockaert;
Stephens;
Kayal;
Skalak;

Baldock;
Hemed.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
After last seasons excellent consistency I fear that the aging Bruno may get more exposed this year, On what I've witnessed so far Duffy doesnt look any better that Greer and should be replaced by Goldson although this is unlikely to happen despite Goldson looking like one of our most exciting defensive signings in many years. If Stephens is so important that we turned down several multi million pound offers for him then he simply has to start its a no brainer for me. Stockdale looks off form and Maenpaa deserves a run in the team so he gets the nod there although I would still keep Bong at LB with the option to replace him with Poco if need be. Its tight between Skalak and Murphy but from what I've seen Murphy just shades it. Up front its Baldock and Murray a I think Murray has that little bit extra in his game than Hemed.

Good thoughts, totally agree

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last season he would have got back to stop Hogan but couldnt yesterday. He is only 3 weeks off of 36. so a year older than this time last season.and I only suggested it could be not said it was definite.

Bruno wondered too far forward last season vs Lookman as well.

It is a calculated risk pushing forward to create chances. Burke nearly caught us out for Forest.

MacLeod played an accurate long ball and Hogan scored with his left foot (twice) and he has only scored one left footed goal in his career before. He might have scored more if he hadn't tried to put the ball on his favoured right foot on two other occasions. This enabled Dunk to get back in one of the other times. Duffy might have got back on another occasion.

I put part of the blame on Murray, persistent fouling again and shooting when he should have passed.

I think Huddersfield are likely to play the same sort of way as Brentford.

It would be very tricky in the Premier League when the opposition likely to be consistently put forward good long balls given half a chance. And finish them as well as Hogan. I'm not very sure the 4-4-2 would work in the higher standard.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Is it Huddersfield who play a form of the "gegenpress" ? If so we're going to need quick runners to be able to break behind their back line - perfect for Elvis/Baldock to exploit their pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 changes for me. Go back to the team that smashed this division last year:

Stockdale;

Bruno;
Goldson;
Dunk;
Bong;

Knockaert;