Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£50 to cancel your season ticket !!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Instead of complaining on here...CONTACT THE CLUB...and tell them that a job loss is affecting your payments...I ,and others have done so and the club will listen and are very good at sorting out a problem. My new friend did this and got a very favourable result.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nah, not tohaving that.

You would not be charged £50 for not renewing.
ce he was 3
You would be charged £50 if you didn't cancel the renewal within the timeframe communicated, and then said "i don't want to renew" when it was too e do. And rightly so.

He may well have done and not told me the full story. As he said he cancelled due to a change in his work patterrn but would go to games as and when he could but was told he couldnt buy a ticket until the £50 was paid. He is 45 years old and been going since I first took him to The Goldstone at 3 years old. He says he will not go to any more game at The Amex.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
This is nothing short of a rip off, what does it cost to stop a DD nothing so why a charge

The deal you sign when you agree to pay by installments is that the club effectively buy the ST for you at the full price and you pay off this loan via the interest free Direct Debit scheme.

It's not like cancelling a magazine subscription via DD or something similar because you haven't paid for a whole years worth in advance and signed an agreement to repay this in full via the DD route.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He may well have done and not told me the full story. As he said he cancelled due to a change in his work patterrn but would go to games as and when he could but was told he couldnt buy a ticket until the £50 was paid. He is 45 years old and been going since I first took him to The Goldstone at 3 years old. He says he will not go to any more game at The Amex.

'Cuts off nose to spite face'

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's very poor English.

And as [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] has highlighted there is very little, if any, logic to your approach.

There is total logic which is by not paying a D/D I dictate the terms of how I pay for my ST and not incurring interest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is total logic which is by not paying a D/D I dictate the terms of how I pay for my ST and not incurring interest.

Direct Debit payers pay no interest.

And, if they need to cancel early on, they can and they'll pay less than you who has already paid in full.

Finally they don't have to keep applying for a new credit card in order to have perpetual interest free arrangements.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Direct Debit payers pay no interest.

And, if they need to cancel early on, they can and they'll pay less than you who has already paid in full.

Finally they don't have to keep applying for a new credit card in order to have perpetual interest free arrangements.

I have never had to apply for a new credit card for 5 years. I have 2, one I pay off in full every month and one that I get on interest free credit for 12 months. When the 12 months is up I go to cancel and they always offer me a new deal. My income is erratic and there are certain months where I get bonuses, which makes it easier having a credit card where I can vary my payments.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When the 12 months is up I go to cancel and they always offer me a new deal. My income is erratic and there are certain months where I get bonuses, which makes it easier having a credit card where I can vary my payments.

You have more spare time than me.

Why would you ever use the first credit card with such advantageous credit facilities on the second?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Why would you ever use the first credit card with such advantageous credit facilities on the second?

It takes very little time to work out when an interest free credit agreement ends so you get another card.

The only downside is you are locked out from the credit card company you cancel with for a minimum 6 months.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Because one is used to pay for holidays and ST up front and then not used, much like a loan. The advantage is that the bulk of it is cleared by October, keeping my winter costs down.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Just been stung by this...had to cancel due to financial and son playing football on a Saturday. I think this is disgusting. I calculated that I have spent close to £100 per month in the Amex era. I am really upset by this.

Guess I will be going to two less games now, considering my son's ST was £50 (approx) per year. Honestly very p***ed off by this

You should have just sub-let it to friends and acquaintances. Take a slight loss each month, and still go to some games.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Probably but it was his reaction to the charge. He still listens to commentaries etc and keeps up with the club news, so not completely gone.

Probably but it was his reaction to the charge. He still listens to commentaries etc and keeps up with the club news, so not completely gone.

Football rumours?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I'm fully on the clubs side with this, you entered into a contract, the penalty for not completing the contract no matter the circumstances is a £50 charge

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
fair point...and would have done that had I had known. my fault for not reading t&cs...but £50 to cancel my son's is taking the p***
I personally don't think it is. You committed yourself to a season ticket like many others and the club has budgeted for it. I agree with the poster in that you should have kept it and sold it on to friends etc until it expired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here