Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My heart tells me that we will be ok and not struggle finishing midtable with some desire and investment from TB. However, my head tells me that it will take serious investment from TB and shrewd buying by CH for us to avoid relegation.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I rather like Sam Baldock's reply when he was asked how he thought we would fare, after the victory parade, at Hove Lawns . . .

Well, he said, if you lot, (the fans), just keep cheering us on, why don't we all just go and have some fun? Then we'll see what's what at the end of the season!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Nope.. not at all

But I'm not on here saying what players are going to fail to make the step up, he has no idea who will and who won't... he has already stated Knocky was released (he wasn't) but Leicester.

It's all about opinions is it not? whether you or l agree or disagree with them or not is largely irrelevant. This website wouldn't exist without them.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Is this forum not about opinions some of which will prove correct and some not.but they are still a posters opinion.

Knockhaert being released wasn't opinion .. was fact and you were wrong.

My problem is what are you basing this opinion on ? What makes you feel Knockhaert, March, Murray, Hemed etc can't make the step up. Because only one of them has played Prem football (Murray) and when he has actually played he has a decent scoring ratio.

So what basis can you say what players can and what players can't ? Personally I'm concerned in a league where movement off the ball and speed is at a premium Duffy may struggle against some players, yet you say he will make the step up ? Why ?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
I don't really think you can put Abraham in the same class as a young Harry Kane, or Dele Alli. Not yet a while anyway. Remember all his goals have come in the Premier League thus far.

We don't know whether he's on the same level as a young Kane at the moment. At Championship level Harry Kane was only really prolific at Millwall, and even then not on the same level as Abraham has been. I remember Pochettino originally only played Kane in the Europa League as he wasn't confident he was good enough for the Premier League yet. My point is that recently there have been numerous young, English forwards who have adapted to life in the Premier League surprisingly quickly and very well, and I don't see why Tammy Abraham couldn't.

Fact 1 - TA is under contract to Chelsea, the PL winners and possible double winners in a few hours time.

Fact 2 - Although not ready for their first team Chelsea clearly think he will be, and don't want to sell him.

Those two facts alone mean he's good enough for me, assuming CH wants him

Plus my Grandson is a Chelsea fan, thanks to his Dad and his other Grandad; if TA joins us that may encourage Robbie to adopt the Albion as his second team.

Then [MENTION=2095]Commander[/MENTION] and I can work on him from there :whistle:

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
But not possible, right?

2 prem loans permissible but max 1 from 1 side.

Watford had three loans from three different clubs last season. Bournemouth had one (Wilshere).

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Abraham scored nearly half of all Bristol City's 60 goals this season, a brilliant return, and I think we'd be lucky to bring him on loan for a season. There's a real chance he could hit the ground running and score a decent amount of goals, look at Kane a couple seasons back, Rashford, and even Dele Alli to some extent.

Is he young enough to not count towards the 25 man squad?

Under 21 and nobody can complain about signing him as he does not use up a space in the 25 man squad. 10 of his 23 goals from under 6 yards out. It does mean we cannot sign Izzy Brown, Tomori or Kasey Palmer on loan though.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
From 3 premier league clubs?

Watford had 5 loans last season. 2 were from Premier League clubs but Kennedy returned to Chelsea in December after struggling with injuries. The other PL loan was Cleverly from Everton.

Hull had 6 players on loan but again only 2 from Premier League clubs. So it looks like the loan limit of two applies to transfers between Premier League sides.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Watford had 5 loans last season. 2 were from Premier League clubs but Kennedy returned to Chelsea in December after struggling with injuries. The other PL loan was Cleverly from Everton.

Hull had 6 players on loan but again only 2 from Premier League clubs. So it looks like the loan limit of two applies to transfers between Premier League sides.

I think it might be a maximum of four at the same time? I didn't even know about the rules for PL clubs. I thought it was unlimited until I looked it up and I am still not sure (not read the original rule) .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here