Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] SUSSEX V WORCESTERSHIRE LV COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP 19-04-15 Hove 11am

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Great win, but I am sure the inspectors may yet deduct us all our points for playing above our stature. Its just not

Angus Fraser was there today and spent ages at lunch time inspecting the pitch. It will end in tears I tell thee.

There really are some poor pitches around: 21 wickets fell in four days at Cardiff and 27 in four days at Trent Bridge - pitch inspectors should be looking at those. How are pitches like that going to attract people to cricket?

Hove is a real result pitch, the groundstaff do well there

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
There really are some poor pitches around: 21 wickets fell in four days at Cardiff and 27 in four days at Trent Bridge - pitch inspectors should be looking at those. How are pitches like that going to attract people to cricket?

Hove is a real result pitch, the groundstaff do well there

I agree that in a sport where 40 wickets are needed it doesn't bode well to bring in the punters however two things spring to mind; april pitches and poor bowling could also be a factor. As you say Hove is looking like a result pitch and the Martlets look like a team that will make thye most of it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can somebody else do the next matchday thread , this is getting boring , nothing to moan about is worse than going shopping on a saturday afternoon .

Nothing to moan about?

Wells can't buy a run, this Mills lad sprays it around and hasn't had a sniff of a wicket in this game, we don't possess a Spinner worthy of the name and Nash and Yardy are both injured... :angry:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Is it still possible for us to escape relegation?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Code:
Teams 	Mat 	Won 	Lost 	Tied 	Draw 	Aban 	Pts
Sussex 	2 	2 	0 	0 	0 	0 	44
Yorks 	2 	1 	0 	0 	1 	0 	33
Durham 	1 	1 	0 	0 	0 	0 	23
Notts 	2 	0 	0 	0 	2 	0 	21
Pants 	2 	0 	1 	0 	1 	0 	14
Worcs 	2 	0 	2 	0 	0 	0 	13
Warw	1 	0 	0 	0 	1 	0 	10
Middlx 	1 	0 	0 	0 	1 	0 	8
Somers 	1 	0 	1 	0 	0 	0 	5

:moo:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Sussex is quickly becoming the centre for fast bowler recuperation. Firstly Chris Jordan resurrects his career with us and then England, next Shazza. I may just apply to have some coaching and see if my career can likewise get a comeback (or start to be brutally honest).

TNBA

TTF

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Next stop is the Riverside. Parody aside, that should be an interesting one.

I guess our match will be dwarfed by the almighty Division Two clash between Surrey and Essex.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Some excellent lbw decisions in there. Well done the umpires:whistle:

Indeed, I think the first and last LBW decisions where slightly suspect, although the last one was a lot closer than the batsman was trying to make out*.

*it was still too high and probably missing off stump though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here