Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Don't assume you are the only person who's worked hard for what they have achieved in life, there are millions in this country grafting in poorly paid work.

I'm well aware a Labour government won't suddenly create a decent well paid job for me. Corbyn's " dubious schemes " are not his alone, they have been put forward and supported by conference and the National Executive. If you feel that supporting the NHS and it's overworked and underpaid staff, or investing in the education system for our descendants is not for you, then fine.

I would like a country where everyone has a chance to buy a house and get a good education without being saddled with an almost impossible burden of debt. A country where people who have contributed to the country don't die abandoned in a hospital corridor..

No one's going to take your cash off you, you don't have to stuff your mattress with your hard earned cash, so sleep well well and enjoy the fruits of your labour but accept that others would want the same.

how did you get on applying for the train drivers job ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Reminds me a lot of the early 80's the Thatcher right versus the Loony left. We desperately need a centre party for sane people to vote for, Lib Dems only answer for me. Have an LD MP one on my patch doing a great job with a real voice in parliament replacing a Tory yes woman career politician who lost the plot

Agreed. I struggle to see my vote going anywhere else in the immediate future. As my learned friend [MENTION=12947]Lincoln Imp[/MENTION] says: if people believed the Lib Dems could win, they probably would.

Unfortunately we just have too many people, on both sides, who can not do anything beyond try to pour scorn on their opposites whilst ignoring the many obvious shortcomings of their chosen ones.

My brief return to a couple of political threads on here over the last 24 hours has just reinforced my view there really is no point getting involved, and to just let the frothy-mouthed and blinkered ones get on it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Unfortunately we just have too many people, on both sides, who can not do anything beyond try to pour scorn on their opposites whilst ignoring the many obvious shortcomings of their chosen ones.

Sadly, that sums up politicians, politics, and political debate. Sad because a political debate used to be great fun, but now, to disagree with someone is tantamount to being evil, and a whole host of views across a wide spectrum are thrown at you as if they are yours by association. It just becomes so very tiresome.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
For all the scorn poured on the political alternatives (rightly so in some instances), Lib Dem voters seem to have a hugely inflated view that their worldview is always right .. bless :D

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What a fool Corbyn made of himself with his reply to Theresa May.about the Syria Air strike.

Him and a few awful female Labour MP'S, truly embarrassing. A lot of Labour supporting the PM though proving how divided they really are. SNP and LibDems are true cocks of the highest order.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
For all the scorn poured on the political alternatives (rightly so in some instances), Lib Dem voters seem to have a hugely inflated view that their worldview is always right .. bless :D

:laugh:

8CD56AD1-959C-46A0-9DE4-13E008CB5349.jpeg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Him and a few awful female Labour MP'S, truly embarrassing. A lot of Labour supporting the PM though proving how divided they really are. SNP and LibDems are true cocks of the highest order.

Good to see there are still some Labour MP's that have some backbone.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Agreed. I struggle to see my vote going anywhere else in the immediate future. As my learned friend [MENTION=12947]Lincoln Imp[/MENTION] says: if people believed the Lib Dems could win, they probably would.

My brief return to a couple of political threads on here over the last 24 hours has just reinforced my view there really is no point getting involved, and to just let the frothy-mouthed and blinkered ones get on it.

Er, based on what? Half the country won't vote for them because of their position on Brexit, the young are historically far less inclined to vote for them due to their tuition fee history, and then you have those who won't ever move from the Tories or Labour.

The Lib Dem's support has never recovered since it collapsed after they decided to go into coalition with the Tories. Looking at just election results since the turn of the century, the Lib Dems have performed far worse at the previous two elections than they did in the earlier ones. At no point did anyone believe the Lib Dems could win, and this didn't stop them performing well before the coaltion. People thought they might become a lot bigger in 2010, with Clegg-mania, but that never happened.

2017: 12
2015: 8
2010: 57
2005: 62
2001: 51

The polls don't show much support for the Lib Dems at all. No one ever believed UKIP had a chance of winning much, yet it didn't stop them doing well in the polls and well in the elections (in terms of votes cast, not so well in terms of seats).

Part of the reason why the Conservatives and Labour are polling at relatively high historical levels is because of the collapse of support for the other parties, and that includes the Lib Dems.

Talk about blinkered!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Er, based on what? Half the country won't vote for them because of their position on Brexit, the young are historically far less inclined to vote for them due to their tuition fee history, and then you have those who won't ever move from the Tories or Labour.

The Lib Dem's support has never recovered since it collapsed after they decided to go into coalition with the Tories. Looking at just election results since the turn of the century, the Lib Dems have performed far worse at the previous two elections than they did in the earlier ones. At no point did anyone believe the Lib Dems could win, and this didn't stop them performing well before the coaltion. People thought they might become a lot bigger in 2010, with Clegg-mania, but that never happened.

The polls don't show much support for the Lib Dems at all. No one ever believed UKIP had a chance of winning much, yet it didn't stop them doing well in the polls and well in the elections (in terms of votes cast, not so well in terms of seats).

Part of the reason why the Conservatives and Labour are polling at relatively high historical levels is because of the collapse of support for the other parties, and that includes the Lib Dems.

Talk about blinkered!

Talk about a know it all

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is Corbyn going to try and apply the whip to Labour MPs to support his emergency motion on the Approval of Military Action / War Powers ?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is Corbyn going to try and apply the whip to Labour MPs to support his emergency motion on the Approval of Military Action / War Powers ?

Oh wait... he hasn't had the gumption to table a motion to demand parliamentary approval... it is some mealy-mouthed motion 'that the HoC has considered approval for military action overseas'... and Jezza has called on Labour MPs to vote against it.

Clear as mud then.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Talk about blinkered!

Could we throw in people like me that during the war years promised never to vote LD again due to Belotti, Baker and LDC ? A pledge I intend to keep.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here