Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Incident London

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It does baffle me why football in this country has not yet been targeted in any sort of way. So this bloke has driven a car presumably with intent to murder as many as possible and with no concern for his safety but has failed to kill anyone. Surely even the most witless terrorist mind would work out that crowds of people are a much better target. I hope it never happens but football crowds remain massively soft targets for these kind of attacks, particular at the bigger stadia where just outside the normally flimsy cordon crowds gather before and after the match.

just a thought , should this chap prove to be a recent migrant from libya , syria or the like then targeting the H.O.P for this attack will get him instant recognition from his brothers, probable hero status and a long stretch at her majesty's pleasure with 3 meals a day , a warm dry cell , a pillow and a blanket , playstation , snooker , indoor football , a wash every morning and if he's lucky he will go to one of the prisons where he has his own dedicated prayer room and study room .......it's a virtual nirvana for some of these people , just a thought .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Sudanese immigrant,countries such as Poland and Hungary may get critised for not taking in immigrants but also don't suffer from terrorist attacks.Shame western governments don't think more about protecting there citizens.

Jan 30, 2008
Very glad that there are so few casualties - only 1 in hospital now.

No weapons found, no bomb, no-one else in the car. The suspect is not co-operating with police. Looks like an almost random, off the cuff bit of madness to me at the moment. Police are treating it as a terrorist incident purely because it appears to be deliberate, the method and where it occurred. We will see what transpires.
yep, nothing to be concerned about:dunce:
regards
DR

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sudanese immigrant,countries such as Poland and Hungary may get critised for not taking in immigrants but also don't suffer from terrorist attacks.Shame western governments don't think more about protecting there citizens.

So he was born in Sudan and now has British citizenship. Why the hell are we handing out British citizenship like confetti? What did this guy ever do to qualify for, or deserve British citizenship? Personally I think there should be a complete review of our citizenship rules. Who we are giving it to and why?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So he was born in Sudan and now has British citizenship. Why the hell are we handing out British citizenship like confetti? What did this guy ever do to qualify for, or deserve British citizenship? Personally I think there should be a complete review of our citizenship rules. Who we are giving it to and why?

Thank you. The solution to Islamic terrorism at a stroke. I'll forward your message to Mrs May. She'll certainly have to give her head a wobble after reading that!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thank you. The solution to Islamic terrorism at a stroke. I'll forward your message to Mrs May. She'll certainly have to give her head a wobble after reading that!

Can you add a P.S to your letter too....

You can ask her why the Royal Navy delivered the Manchester bomber to our shores at the same time.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

youre spot on for once,

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The usual "refugees welcome" clowns on NSC are conspicuous by their absence .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Apparently making migration easier for folks from Islamic countries would reduce the possibility of terror attacks .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ce-isis-uses-route-human-rights-a7377961.html

UN report finds no evidence migration causes terror attacks and warns anti-refugee laws could worsen risk

A United Nations investigator has warned that moves to crackdown on migration may worsen the risk of more attacks in Europe while breaching refugees’ fundamental rights.

Ben Emmerson, the Special Rapporteur on counter-terrorism and human rights, found “little evidence” that Isis and other terror groups use refugee flows or that asylum seekers are prone to radicalisation.

Delivering a report to the UN General Assembly in New York, he said: “While there is no evidence that migration leads to increased terrorist activity, migration policies that are restrictive or that violate human rights may in fact create conditions conducive to terrorism.

“Overly-restrictive migration policies introduced because of terrorism concerns are not justified and may in fact be damaging to state security.”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you add a P.S to your letter too....

You can ask her why the Royal Navy delivered the Manchester bomber to our shores at the same time.

Because he was a British citizen, apparently.

A government spokesman said: “During the deteriorating security situation in Libya in 2014, Border Force officials were deployed to assist with the evacuation of British nationals and their dependants.”

Abedi was being monitored by security services when he travelled to Libya, but his case was closed a month before his rescue.

The Anderson review into the Manchester attack found that the decision to close Abedi’s case as a “subject of interest” was sound, based on the information available to security services at the time.

A government source told the Daily Mail: “For this man to commit such an atrocity on UK soil after we rescued him from Libya was an act of utter betrayal.”

Hmmmm....betrayed by an ungrateful sod. Solutions? We could stop Islamic terrorism in the UK by forcibly expelling all Muslims. If that is 'a bit unfair' then we could set up local courts of inquisition, where we round up all Muslims, intern them in camps, then interview them one by one, using tricky inqusitorial qustions and techniques, like the Spanish used to do to weed out non-Catholics. Those who pass the tests can be allowed to live under monitored conditions.

Alternatively....we could do what we do now. The secret services have prevented dozens of incidents, planned by a tiny minority of not only the 'regular' Muslims, most of whom are unremarkable immigrants or their descendents, but the higher risk type 'refugee from Libya, Sudan' etc. How do they do that? I don't know - its SECRET.

Other things we could do - take back state control over schools; allowing state support for 'religious' schools was why I resigned from the labour party. Make schools, including 'public' schools (which includes 'private' religious schools) follow the national curriculum, and teach about equality (of race, religion, gender and sexuality). Introduce common citizenship tests for 15 and 18 year olds (with a sting in the tail - rewards for those who pass and punishments such as curfew for those who fail). Introduce extraordinary citizenship tests for immigrants aged 18 to 40 who have 'escaped' the tests at 15 and 18 (this is a bit harsh but 'needs must'). Ban single sex religious worship (see, I can be quite right wing when I put my mind to it).

I can see everyone being implanted with a trackable chip at some point. Personally I would have no problem with that. A bloke at GCHQ is welcome to track my movements. There again, I'm not nipping round for a legover with a neighbour so this may not be up everyone's street.

Bottom line is we can have as much rules and security as we are willing to vote for and pay for (taxes). My feeling is the majority of this country are content with the current balance, albeit dismayed and angry when it doesn't work out how we want it to work out. The partiess that have a militant anti-immigrant anti-muslim ethos are incoherent, obviously racist and obviously clueless, hence their total lack of traction as likely parties of government. Also, no party (including liberal, labour and tory) has a fully coherent, balanced, fair, comprehenive policy that 'upps the ante' (as I have suggested). Clearly none of them feel the ante needs to be upped (as per see above). Perhaps we need some sort of commission on this.....but it will be slow to conclude and the government will do what it usually does (nothing).

We can debate this all again 'next time' but the issues will all be the same....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently making migration easier for folks from Islamic countries would reduce the possibility of terror attacks .

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ce-isis-uses-route-human-rights-a7377961.html

UN report finds no evidence migration causes terror attacks and warns anti-refugee laws could worsen risk

A United Nations investigator has warned that moves to crackdown on migration may worsen the risk of more attacks in Europe while breaching refugees’ fundamental rights.

Ben Emmerson, the Special Rapporteur on counter-terrorism and human rights, found “little evidence” that Isis and other terror groups use refugee flows or that asylum seekers are prone to radicalisation.

Delivering a report to the UN General Assembly in New York, he said: “While there is no evidence that migration leads to increased terrorist activity, migration policies that are restrictive or that violate human rights may in fact create conditions conducive to terrorism.

“Overly-restrictive migration policies introduced because of terrorism concerns are not justified and may in fact be damaging to state security.”

For decades investigators 'found little evidence' that cigarette smoking causes cancer.

camels.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here