Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mighty thunderstorms and hailstones here in BN1

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey - that was well LOUD! :ohmy:

Presumably the Southwick Weather Station is predicting a heatwave today Gareth? :D

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And in BN43 just had a thunderstorm

Artois

is 100% of your RDA
Jul 5, 2003
Hooters
Report from Southwick BN42:

We had a short power cut seconds before the initial ear-splitting rumble.

Then hailstones poured down for about ten minutes. When it stopped it looked like it had been snowing, the ground was white everywhere.

Marvellous scenes. :jester:

Sea

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
glad someone elses power went off too-i thought it was just our house! it turned my computer off!:angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Same here - cut me off in mid-NSC and froze the action on me cheapo digi-box Millwall-Tranmere viewing for a couple of seconds. Don't explain why there was no action to speak of for the other eighty nine minutes and fifty three seconds tho...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Artois said:
Report from Southwick BN42:

We had a short power cut seconds before the initial ear-splitting rumble.

Then hailstones poured down for about ten minutes. When it stopped it looked like it had been snowing, the ground was white everywhere.

Marvellous scenes. :jester:

got a couple of pics of the hailstones! Tesco's Clock tower (wow just like in Back To The Future) got struck and cut power to Marks & Spencers...THAT was the amazingly loud bastard bang that everyone heard :)

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I was playing footie from 2-5pm in Preston Park yesterday and saw nothing of the sort, just a bit of rain.

Interesting...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was in the Kings Head when the lights dimmed and that MASSIVE crack came - I told her to put her skirt back on and stop being so rude on a Sunday.

Walked home in those hailstones, which bloody well hurt, specially on my ears. I was half cut though, so it didn't seem to matter all that much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here