Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is (though they can disclose the players and teams involved as Mark McAdam confirmed it was Janssen)

Is he any good?

Just looking at summaries on Sky. I would much rather be us than many other clubs, who are bringing in weirdo psychopath clothes horses.

#undertheradar :lolol::mad:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a huge 23 mins in our history.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not really. Janssen runs in behind defenders/off the shoulder more than Hemed, and takes on defenders - at least by cutting in and making space to shoot . He's just more mobile as well as better technically, quicker,sharper...

Disagree. I said a lot lot better.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Daniel Levy is no mug, he wouldn't have paid over the odds for VJ, so I doubt we will be paying anymore than £20 million!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Those suggesting that we can just send Izzy back, Chelsea have to agree to that i believe and would now be unable to loan him out again, they want him to get premier league experience, so imo no chance they will agree. Also he isn't long term injured, due back next week.

So unless Krul has been mis-reported as a loan, or a late agreement was reached to convert his loan into a permanent, then Janssen has to be a permanent deal.

Doesn't matter - we don't have to register Brown with the league. He would just then not be able to play for us.

Not that I think we would do that. Would be the last time we ever saw a Chelsea player here.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
His record at Spurs is good if you look at goals scored/games started. 6 in 12.

Exactly, if we sign this guy, he will score us goals.

Am surprised we are even in for him !!

Clever bit of business by the club keeping it under wraps so no other team can come in for him, then ask for an extension just to cement that exclusivity ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Those suggesting that we can just send Izzy back, Chelsea have to agree to that i believe and would now be unable to loan him out again, they want him to get premier leagie experience, so imo no chance they will agree. Also he isn't long term injured, due back nextvweek.

So unless Krul has been mis-reported as a loan, or a late agreement was reached to convert his loanvto a permanent, then Janssen has to be a permanent deal.

This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Even if Chelsea did agree, I doubt they'd be happy about it and we'd probably lose all goodwill with them as a result. I can't see that we can just cast aside Izzy because something better has come up at the last minute.

I'd be very surprised if Izzy went back to Chelsea at this point.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He is quicker than Hemed and just as tall ( 6"1 ) as Murray. An upgrade on both.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Agreed but I believe we had a two striker purchase strategy and Janssen is the upgrade on Murray & Hemed not the speedy striker some were hoping for.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
Doesn't matter - we don't have to register Brown with the league. He would just then not be able to play for us.

Not that I think we would do that. Would be the last time we ever saw a Chelsea player here.

That's one way to get 3 points.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Is he any good?

Glad it ain't my dosh!

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Even if Chelsea did agree, I doubt they'd be happy about it and we'd probably lose all goodwill with them as a result. I can't see that we can just cast aside Izzy because something better has come up at the last minute.

I'd be very surprised if Izzy went back to Chelsea at this point.

This is a permanent deal shirley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here