Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Naylor slags off Amex support

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Just watched a bit of Millwall v Burton on TV.

6th against 1st, Millwall with every chance of a play off spot even if Wigan seem to be sewing up the second automatic position. A win would be huge for Millwall and they're 2 up at half time. Yet the ground is, as always, two thirds empty, and the crowd is so quiet, the TV microphones picked up the Burton keeper calling Steve Morison a "****ing prick".

This is the Den, FFS. If there's no atmosphere there, what hope do other grounds have?

It's the New Den isn't it. The old Den was much more intimidating .............. but not always that noisy tbh. Bizarrely I went to quite a few games as a neutral there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's the New Den isn't it. The old Den was much more intimidating .............. but not always that noisy tbh. Bizarrely I went to quite a few games as a neutral there.

Quite.

Made to trips the old Den both with us in the same season, the one where we beat them in the playoffs. The playoff semi wasn't even that noisy from them but it certainly was scary, big mobs of lads staring at us the whole game, spikes on the fencing round the away end and attempted mass arson at the final whistle. But I don't remember thinking 'blimey they're making a load of noise'. Another set who are a bit noisier away but even then they just make that horribel "Milllllllllllllllll" noise or sing the no one likes us song.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oh now come on...
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/14387...ial_England_contender_if_injury_woes_persist/

I can't disagree with this one but honestly I'm sure this was discussed on here 48hrs ago. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] should start taking a commission.

This journo floated the idea a mere minutes after Butland went off . Perhaps NSC got it off of him.
[tweet]713833912670298113[/tweet]

and i thought it in my head. and maybe Naylor did too.
At least he AN has the sense to avoid certain threads & specific posters on here if all you think he does is cut and paste chunks of NSC for a living.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Was that good enough for you Naylor?? And no I don't think he deserves any credit for the atmos, I think the last thing on people's minds at Kick off was Naylor. Again he's playing devils advocate on Twitter with the Barton Stamp.
I thought the crowd were excellent today, North making constant noise and the West booming a few out. I think I heard one Northern style 'eiiii eyyye ooh' sort of chant out of Burnley, that was about it (they do love an 'eiii eyyye' type of chant those northerners).
I still get the feeling we don't quite believe that we can do it. So at points the crowd went quiet when Burnley attacked. But on the whole the noise was excellent. More of this needed for the rest of the season.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
There def is room for improvement regards the noise and chanting.It's not intimidating, sustained, or loud enough.It needs just a small group to make it their job to kick things off and maintain a noise by whatever means.Maybe some kind of instruments but nothing like that god awful band who play at the england games.Doe's anyone play the guitar?(ok so I'm kidding on that one)

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
in which case so is Hughton who was about 10 yards away.

[tweet]716265519033237505[/tweet]

I find it unbelievable Naylor says there was no proof studs landed.

From Naylor yesterday:
@NorthStandChat [MENTION=13183]Bra[/MENTION]nnoclove1 [MENTION=2144]Adam[/MENTION]virgs19 No proof necessary that his studs landed. The issue is whether it was avoidable.
Then:
[MENTION=2144]Adam[/MENTION]virgs19 And here! I'm still unconvinced. Interested to hear what CH thinks.

You are only copying the tweet(how do you make those tweets come up like that?) that you think is least controversial. Naylor said he didn't think there was anything in either challenge. You might have seen CH reaction at the time. He was furious.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I find it unbelievable Naylor says there was no proof studs landed.

From Naylor yesterday:
@NorthStandChat [MENTION=13183]Bra[/MENTION]nnoclove1 [MENTION=2144]Adam[/MENTION]virgs19 No proof necessary that his studs landed. The issue is whether it was avoidable.

No he didn't. He's said that no proof is necessary

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here