Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Suarez BITES again - ***Update: Luis Suarez banned from ALL football for 4 months***

May 18, 2013
If you were a business man, its highly likely your employee would end up with some sort of criminal conviction for assault for biting someone whilst at work. Either way, when he plays for Uruguay he is still a representative of Liverpool FC. In my opinion the player has compromised himself, FIFA have just laid down the letter of the law.

I'm not defending him, but how can Liverpool be responsible for his discipline when he's playing for a different team? After all, if any player is booked or sent off in an international match does it affect his playing for his club? Why should the club be punished when they clearly had no involvement with the incident?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Confirmed on SSN, Uruguayan FA to appeal. :tosser:

Hope the ban is increased.
And it will be, and it will start at a later date too meaning the bin dippers can say goodbye to him for more than the current 9 games.

Unfair on the bin dippers really, but frightfully funny and it is only Liverpool. :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not defending him, but how can Liverpool be responsible for his discipline when he's playing for a different team? After all, if any player is booked or sent off in an international match does it affect his playing for his club? Why should the club be punished when they clearly had no involvement with the incident?

I presume they'll have insurance to cover his wages whilst he's doing bugger all?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Confirmed on SSN, Uruguayan FA to appeal. :tosser:

Hope the ban is increased.

It's incredible. Will he/they never learn. You'd think they'd just take it and think they got off lightly.

Apparently he has now been banned for a total of 38 games over the past 4 years, none of which relate to red cards :facepalm: (only heard this on the radio, actual figures may be slightly out).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe the Uruguayan FA are hoping the appeal process will take a couple of days leaving him clear to play on Saturday?

May 18, 2013
I presume they'll have insurance to cover his wages whilst he's doing bugger all?

But would that insurance cover the difference he could make on the pitch in terms of league points and progression in the Champions League?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But would that insurance cover the difference he could make on the pitch in terms of league points and progression in the Champions League?
Probably not. But happily it's only the bin dippers.

Personally I'm delighted as the arm chair Liverpool fan next to me was making all sorts of crap excuses for him. :lolol:

May 18, 2013
Liverpool have to release players according to FIFA as do any club, plus no player wants to miss major tournaments , and this is an isolated incident, the WC is not full of biters

I know that's the rules now... but if I was a premier league chief exec, or any other top league come to that, I'd be wondering why I can't utilise my employee because of something he did playing for anothe team. It starts a potentially dangerous precedent.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

Footballs football, if he can bite someone playing for Uruguay he can bite someone playing for Liverpool.... (Again)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Can't agree. They took on the player fully aware of his history.

I'm not saying they should expect no punishment for their player, I was merely pointing out that in comparison to the punishment Liverpool effectively get, Uruguay seem to have got off lightly and he was playing for them...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Interesting point on the BBC website. If you or I bit a fellow fan at a match we would almost definitely get a banning order for a few years and possibly even prosecuted for assault. Strange how a filthy rich player gets away with a 4 month ban.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All this talk of someone covering his wages. How about, he doesnt get paid for four months?

Would be interesting to know what is in a football contract to cover this type of thing. Obviously Liverpool can't not just pay him as they'd be in breach of contract unless there is a specific behaviour clause or self inflicted ban clause.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Interesting point on the BBC website. If you or I bit a fellow fan at a match we would almost definitely get a banning order for a few years and possibly even prosecuted for assault. Strange how a filthy rich player gets away with a 4 month ban.

If I did what Charlie Adam did to bale three times I'd also be in jail.

Football doesn't work like that

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Maybe the Uruguayan FA are hoping the appeal process will take a couple of days leaving him clear to play on Saturday?

Ah, maybe not. SSN just said "the ban will NOT be lifted during the appeal process"

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the basis that Liverpool WITH Suarez are twice the threat as Liverpool without then - assuming he stays with Liverpool - Man City have got a nice little boost, as they play Liverpool early so benefit from the ban whereas Arsenal and Chelsea have to play a well-rested Suarez twice. Some of the teams at the bottom may also be feeling happy / sad.

I doubt whether Uruguay would have qualified out of the group without Suarez, he makes them and Liverpool completely different animals when he plays.

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
I know that's the rules now... but if I was a premier league chief exec, or any other top league come to that, I'd be wondering why I can't utilise my employee because of something he did playing for anothe team. It starts a potentially dangerous precedent.

I don't think its dangerous in the slightest. Footballers should be treated like any other profession. If I had a full time job and did another job on the weekend freelance, if I assault someone on my weekend job and go to jail its not as if I can still do my original job. This isn't a question of what fair to Liverpool. The fact is he bitten another human and he's paying the price, it just so happens that Liverpool have to take the collateral damage. Liverpool can't be angry at FIFA, only Suarez.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here