Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ESU and WSU open for Coventry game

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Please provide evidence of these 'many' people, because I can't see it.

This.

I'm not precious about wanting my exact seat in the WSU, I couldn't give a toss about that. I was intending to try out the ESU for a change, but either upper level would've been fine. Oh well.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Up your arse.

Point me to the post where I said "I can't believe anyone would want to go to the Palace FA Cup game". Go on. Oh wait - you can't. Because it doesn't exist. So I'd appreciate it if you refrained from putting words in my mouth.

Along with about 15,000 other fans, for numerous factors that don't apply to the Coventry game, I decided not to go. Its called having a CHOICE. Sorry if that offends you, or somehow diminishes my status in your eyes as to how good or bad a fan I am, but guess what - I couldn't give a flying fvck at a rolling donut what you think. And pardon me for joining in on the whole debate around that game. You stalked me round that ginormous thread for a few days for some reason, but here's an idea - if my posts and opinions irritate you, then there is a really, really simple remedy for that. It begins with I and ends in ORE. Fill yer boots.

The way they gradually rolled out the Cov tickets, with no indication on whether either of the uppers would be opened, was mildly annoying for those who prefer taking their own seat, or who don't much care for the views from the lower tiers. Particularly as it was quite obvious to anyone with half a clue that this game would have a good turnout. But its done, I'm in a worse seat than usual (from my point of view), but it'll do.

Anyway, you're posting from a jungle. You don't even have to make choices or weigh up other factors about whether to go along to the Amex or not, so its very easy to sit behind your keyboard and snide away at the people who do. So your opinion isn't really worth jack.

Have a nice day.

You just seem eternally annoyed these days, so it really stands out, hard to ignore. Its a shame. Sorry if I seem to singled you out, most moaners on NSC are the usual suspects and I already have them on ignore, and you were particularly vocal about the Palace game. The fact is the club responded to 15,000 no-shows for Palace with the ticketing scheme for Coventry (also based on MK Dons last year, and other cup games with low turnouts). As one of the no-shows, you're part of the reason for the ticket scheme being what it was so the irony of being annoyed at it isn't lost on many of us.

I always sit lower tier when I am lucky to get to the amex, because I'm not fortunate to live nearby, and thus have a season ticket, nor do I have much money to travel far. So there are huge factors affecting when I can get to the Amex, I was delighted to be able to go to the Palace cup game, the idea of picking and choosing when to go and see Brighton is so alien to me, as I go every opportunity I can get and am jealous of those who can go to every game, and thus can't stand people moaning that they can't get their preferred tier.

Enjoy the game today

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Rightly so. The club handled this well. So few turned up for recent FAC ties at the Amex, it was logical to open the lower tiers first.

I think so too. I guess Barber didn't factor in the number of people who don't want to go to a match unless they can sit in their preferred seat! In contrast, I think the Palace game was handled badly (tickets too expensive and not enough loyalty points. Needed more incentives to get people to attend given Monday night, just after Christmas, on TV and potential trouble from the Palace numpties).

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Barber makes a STAUNCH defence of the ticket policy in todays programme
Quellece****ingprise...!!!:)

Can someone give us the gist of the Barberspin on here? I really wonder quite how he is going to justify completely misjudging demand for this game... [emoji38]ol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Well done to the club. Cheap pricing and opening upper tiers later, led a rarity of a 100% rammed east stand, and almost the entire ground. Loads of new faces I suspect, who'll have great first memories of the Albion live.
Bollocks well done to the club. My son and his Year 6 classmates could have sold more tickets as their half-term project.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rightly so. The club handled this well. So few turned up for recent FAC ties at the Amex, it was logical to open the lower tiers first.

Why didn't they do that for the Palace game then, a game that any Albion fan could have told you would have a significantly lower attendance than a winnable Saturday 3pm 5th Round tie with great ticket prices?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why didn't they do that for the Palace game then, a game that any Albion fan could have told you would have a significantly lower attendance than a winnable Saturday 3pm 5th Round tie with great ticket prices?

Because there was a massive assumption by the club (and the fans who were always going to go), that, it's simply CP so we'll get away with high pricing and still get a sell out.

The club (and those who were always going to go), got a shock, when masses couldn't be arsed for the well debated plethora of reasons.

Lesson learnt.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Because there was a massive assumption by the club (and the fans who were always going to go), that, it's simply CP so we'll get away with high pricing and still get a sell out.

The club (and those who were always going to go), got a shock, when masses couldn't be arsed for the well debated plethora of reasons.

Lesson learnt.

No chance. The club had no interest at all in making the CP game sell out. Too much hassle. They kept the numbers as low as they could.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Quellece****ingprise...!!!:)

Can someone give us the gist of the Barberspin on here? I really wonder quite how he is going to justify completely misjudging demand for this game... [emoji38]ol:

It’s effectively the emails he sent to NSC users and posted on this thread about 12,000 posts ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here