Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Good to see all those EU flags being waved . . .

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Britain is very special for many reasons..
The English language,commonwealth a much much more stands us right up there unlike other countries.

You can be sure that most in this county certainly won't miss the idiots in Brussels as great Britain is something those idiots would love to destroy.
When have we ever seen eye to eye with the likes of France and Germany?

The future will be far brighter out of that controlling organisation that's for sure !!!!

That's more of a sibling rivalry. They just do revolution differently. Churchill proposed a union. I'd be fine with that. Not a fan of their wine though.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Britain is very special for many reasons..
The English language,commonwealth a much much more stands us right up there unlike other countries.

You can be sure that most in this county certainly won't miss the idiots in Brussels as great Britain is something those idiots would love to destroy.
When have we ever seen eye to eye with the likes of France and Germany?

The future will be far brighter out of that controlling organisation that's for sure !!!!

Not seeing eye-to-eye with the likes of France and Germany has meant persistant conflict in Europe for a thousand years up until 1945, but no war between EU member states since. As for the Commonwealth, I don't notice any rush to rally around the union flag...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Not seeing eye-to-eye with the likes of France and Germany has meant persistant conflict in Europe for a thousand years up until 1945, but no war between EU member states since.

Yes I don't really think that the EU or any predecessor of it can claim to be the reason why there has not been war in Europe since 1945. The small matter of not wishing to repeat millions of lost lives on nothing than one mans antisemitic crusade will be at least one of the bigger reasons.

The EU can only work in the long run if there is total union under one government and central control to include fiscal policy, border controls, common agriculture etc etc. It's no surprise and nor should it be that this is the goal of certain high-up politicians in the EU and European parliament. The problem is that a lot of people in a lot of countries do not, and don't want to consider Brussels to be their capital. There is no choice if the EU is ever not going to look an exclusive boys club, run like a protectionist racket, and accepted by a reasonable majority in Europe. Dare I say, the United States of Europe? I'm afraid that is what it is going to take.

I just wish people would stop saying that it's because we hate Europeans, or they hate us that we are leaving the EU. It's got jack sh1t to do with it.

Back on topic - Eurovision should be part of Brexit too. I want David Davis and his team to ensure that when the drawbridge goes up - our funding and participation of this mind-numbing event is also left on the shores of Calais!:lol:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Yes I don't really think that the EU or any predecessor of it can claim to be the reason why there has not been war in Europe since 1945. The small matter of not wishing to repeat millions of lost lives on nothing than one mans antisemitic crusade will be at least one of the bigger reasons.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WW2 was the ultimate death throws of European nation-states jostling for dominance and territory, with Nazi anti-semitism an added ingredient. I don't think that any reasonably minded person could deny that the European project has removed most of the friction that lead to both world wars and countless wars before.

Jan 30, 2008
Not seeing eye-to-eye with the likes of France and Germany has meant persistant conflict in Europe for a thousand years up until 1945, but no war between EU member states since. As for the Commonwealth, I don't notice any rush to rally around the union flag...
PICS: Anti-EU and Juncker Protests Erupt in Poland - Breitbart
www.breitbart.com/london/2017/.../pics-anti-eu-and-juncker-protests-erupt-in-poland/
https://www.snopes.com/poland-march-refugees/
regards
DR

kjgood

Wouldn't it be glorious if, post 2019, we could finally say goodbye to this charade but I shudder to think that it will linger on. Everyone throughout the world knows our standing in the pantheon of popular music and yet we allow ourselves to be ritually humiliated every year, whilst some cheap and tacky boom bang a bang tune soars to the top of the poll.

But wont will still be situated in the continent of Europe or are we moving the island and the top bit of Ireland as well when we leave?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WW2 was the ultimate death throws of European nation-states jostling for dominance and territory, with Nazi anti-semitism an added ingredient. I don't think that any reasonably minded person could deny that the European project has removed most of the friction that lead to both world wars and countless wars before.

The rise of Nigel Farage and UKIP, AfD in Germany, Front National in France - as well as others in Italy and Spain (the names of which escape me!) I think I am reasonably-minded but I think the European 'project' has actually done a fair amount to re-stoke the frictions of mid 20th century Europe - particularly in the last 10-15 years. Without a joined-up approach and complete centralisation, will be ever thus. However, it won't ever likely lead to WW3 - that is accepted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here