Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jacob Rees-Mogg.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He has a share of an investment company, and he makes no investment decisions and doesn't interfere in the decision they make for their clients, not should he. He doesn't have any investments in the pharmaceutical company himself. The pills in question are not for abortions, they are a gastric ulcer medication, but are often used illegally on the black market in Indonesia to induce illegal abortions.

So he has no investments in a company which doesn't make pills for abortion. Amazing how things can be twisted.

So he has shares in a investment company that invests in a pharmaceutical company which produces drugs which are used for abortions and you really, really, really like Jacob Rees-Mogg- I know all that.

What do you think of Jacob Rees-Mogg's dodgy investment links to Russia?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'd vote for JRM in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't vote for him in a million years, and it has nothing to do with his views on abortion or his religious stances on things. It has to do with his totally out of touch view of the world we live in and of which this country is a part.

I share an "alma mater" with him - the same college in Oxford, although I was there a few years before him, and I am almost ashamed of the fact.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’d love to see the Tories elect JRM. It might at last kill them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
After an eloquent post, this is your response. If you disagree, then let's hear your counter-arguments, which is what a forum is all about. But yet again you show your pathetic immaturity.

I'd rather suffer from pathetic immaturity than have the pompous buffoonery you're afflicted with. I'm afraid to say your pompous buffoonery gives other pompous buffoon sufferers, like The Honourable Member for North East Somerset, a bad name.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I’d love to see the Tories elect JRM. It might at last kill them off.

i dont think anyone, least of all Rees-Mogg, believes this is at all likely.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
i dont think anyone, least of all Rees-Mogg, believes this is at all likely.

Paddypower - Next Conservative Leader:

Jacob Rees-Mogg - 10/3
Boris Johnson - 9/2
Michael Gove - 7/1
Amber Rudd - 9/1
Gavin Williamson - 10/1
Andrea Leadsom - 10/1

Actually that also could double up as a remake of that Monty Python sketch 'Upper Class Twit of the Year'.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'd rather suffer from pathetic immaturity than have the pompous buffoonery you're afflicted with. I'm afraid to say your pompous buffoonery gives other pompous buffoon sufferers, like The Honourable Member for North East Somerset, a bad name.

You said it.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
So he has shares in a investment company that invests in a pharmaceutical company which produces drugs which are used for abortions and you really, really, really like Jacob Rees-Mogg- I know all that.

i wonder, do you have a pension? because if you do you are probably invested indirectly in all sorts of companies with all sorts of products that might be used illegally. say a manufacturer of cars used in armed robberies. when the accusation was "he holds shares in a company that does abortion pills" the hypocrisy was substantial. when it turns out the truth is "he holds shares in company that produces drugs illegally used for abortion", might it be time to drop that one so we dont find ourselfs accusing him of things we do too? does he have dodgy investments in Russia, or is that another story with a half truth wrapped in a obscured indirect link?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Paddypower - Next Conservative Leader:

Jacob Rees-Mogg - 10/3
Boris Johnson - 9/2
Michael Gove - 7/1
Amber Rudd - 9/1
Gavin Williamson - 10/1
Andrea Leadsom - 10/1

Actually that also could double up as a remake of that Monty Python sketch 'Upper Class Twit of the Year'.

bookies and people place £10 punts are not an accurate indicator of future events. for start, track record with conservative party is the favourite to lose and secondly there is an assumption he would want the job. he strikes me quite happy to be the back bench rebel running a select committee or two with freedom to say what he likes. yes, i know there's similarity with Corbyn there, but he's not Corbyn.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
i wonder, do you have a pension? because if you do you are probably invested indirectly in all sorts of companies with all sorts of products that might be used illegally. say a manufacturer of cars used in armed robberies. when the accusation was "he holds shares in a company that does abortion pills" the hypocrisy was substantial. when it turns out the truth is "he holds shares in company that produces drugs illegally used for abortion", might it be time to drop that one so we dont find ourselfs accusing him of things we do too? does he have dodgy investments in Russia, or is that another story with a half truth wrapped in a obscured indirect link?

I'm not some holier than thou, self righteous, **** like he is with designs on leading this country back to the 1930s.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
bookies and people place £10 punts are not an accurate indicator of future events. for start, track record with conservative party is the favourite to lose and secondly there is an assumption he would want the job. he strikes me quite happy to be the back bench rebel running a select committee or two with freedom to say what he likes. yes, i know there's similarity with Corbyn there, but he's not Corbyn.

You may be right, you may not be right. He's too much on the front foot and hogging the limelight and defending his ideological vision of Brexit to simply be happy to be a backbench rebel in my opinion. None of the other Eurosceptic oddballs of The Tory party, past or present, have ever attempted to go into the ascendancy like he has. John Redwood in 1995 was merely a clueless, idiot stooge against Major. Rees Mogg is far more cunning than that. If someone like Amber Rudd states she wouldn't want the top job as she doesn't want to 'touch Brexit with a barge-pole', a large chunk of cabinet colleagues probably feel the same including Johnson. Rees-Mogg's ideological stance on Brexit and arrogance strikes me that he'll put himself forward when the time comes.

Has Mogg accounted for his Nazi uniform wearing security guard who duffs up young women protesters yet? If this was a Labour MP pulling this shit, it would be leading every BBC bulletin and on every newspaper front page

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I wouldn't vote for him in a million years, and it has nothing to do with his views on abortion or his religious stances on things. It has to do with his totally out of touch view of the world we live in and of which this country is a part.

I share an "alma mater" with him - the same college in Oxford, although I was there a few years before him, and I am almost ashamed of the fact.

Which out of touch views?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

He drowns kittens for sport too.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Has Mogg accounted for his Nazi uniform wearing security guard who duffs up young women protesters yet? If this was a Labour MP pulling this shit, it would be leading every BBC bulletin and on every newspaper front page

No one was "duffed up", did you watch the video? You automatically discredit any point you wish to make by fabricating the facts in that way. So sad.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Rees Mogg and Steve Baker should both be slung out for peddling lies in Parliament about civil servants of have no come back.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

He wasn't a "security guard" he was just another person who was there and stepped in. He wore an SS uniform at a fancy dress party once, poor taste, but Jacob Rees-Mogg isn't his Dad so I'm not sure why you would expect him to account for what this guy did years ago at a fancy dress party anyway.

And as has been already pointed out, the guy didn't "duff up" anyone, watch the video.

Anyone reading your post would think that JRM has hired security who are kitted out in Nazi Uniforms and attack protesters. You're so dishonest it's unreal.

Unlike most politicians, he doesn't actually mind being protested either.

"“I think a protest of that kind is perfectly legitimate. The only thing that I thought was odd was that they turned up wearing masks. I think wearing masks is the one bit which ought not to have happened."

“I think people coming along and shouting at you, people heckling you is part of political life. And to be perfectly honest, as a politician, a bit of heckling can make your speech. But [wearing] masks is just a little bit sinister.”

“It think it would be a great shame if MPs felt they had to go along with security or always felt they needed to be accompanied,” he continued.

“The strength of our parliamentary system is that MPs are just normal members of the population. It would be really sad if backbench MPs felt that was necessary. How would we know what was going on in the country if we are always behind a protective cordon?”

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/jacob-rees-mogg-says-uwe-1183022

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here