Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Do you like Marmite and Vegemite?

Do you like Marmite and Vegemite?

• I like Marmite and Vegemite

Votes: 56 22.9%
  • I like Marmite but don't like Vegemite

Votes: 74 30.2%
  • I like Vegemite but don't like Marmite

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I don't like either

Votes: 22 9.0%
  • I've tried one, it was vile, I'm not trying the other one thank you very much

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I like Marmite but have never tried Vegemite

Votes: 72 29.4%
  • I like Vegemite but have never tried Marmite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've tried neither

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
We hired a chap at work about 4 months ago, and I get the feeling he is either a feeder or using treats as a method of keeping his job. He spends about £8 a day placing crisps, biccies and chocolates on the shared plinth of snackery. I reckon I've gained 2 stone since he started - yeah, yeah I know I don't have to keep going up to the plinth 20 times a day. Why this is relevant, almost, to this thread is that to combat the over-fattening eats he's provided, I've bought a packet of Marmite rice cakes. Yummy. So, therefore, I like, nay love, Marmite. Vegemite, on the one try many many moons ago I was less taken in by. Maybe i'll try it again someday, with a correct amount of butter and crumpet.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Have always liked Marmite, however on a business trip to Sydney a few years back could only get vegemite for my morning toast and quite liked it. I now prefer Vegemite to Marmite but I don't really know what it is about the flavour that makes the difference.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Marmite: Good
Bovril: Better
Vegemite: Vile

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I'm a big Marmite fan. Love the stuff.

A jar of Vegemite appeared in the house last week. I recall not liking it, but the last time I tried it was years ago, so I thought I'd give it a go. "How dissimilar could it be?" I thought to myself.

Very is the answer. It's vile.

Where do you stand on this one?

I'm with you. Pity your poll didn't have the option: I like Marmite but detest Vegemite.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Vegemite over Marmite. Although when I suggested this before I copped the biggest thumbs down in the history of NSC.

Bail me out Aussie NSC. Maybe even me and [MENTION=4800]Tyrone Biggums[/MENTION] could agree on something.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
A day of celebration when my local Coles supermarket started stocking marmite in the foreign foods section... right next to twiglets and Yorkshire tea. Hate vegemite, nowhere near enough bite to it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Marmite's alright. Tried Vegemite once when I was a kid but don't remember if I liked it or not.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Marmite is the shandy, Vegemite is the award winning beer.
Vegemite is Marmite light. For people who can't handle the full Marmite kick. A watered down horrible tasting version of the real deal that only those with delicate taste buds could consider palatable. The chicken korma of the yeast extract world.

So to correct your analogy, Marmite is a pint of perfect ale, Vegemite is the same pint that someone has drunk half of and then pissed in.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Vegemite is Marmite light. For people who can't handle the full Marmite kick. A watered down horrible tasting version of the real deal that only those with delicate taste buds could consider palatable. The chicken korma of the yeast extract world.

So to correct your analogy, Marmite is a pint of perfect ale, Vegemite is the same pint that someone has drunk half of and then pissed in.
So when are you starting the new job as tbe Guardians food critic :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here