Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Phil Neville

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
His tweets are clearly misguided. But they read very tongue in cheek to me. I mean "I just battered the wife" sounds awful, but add any context to it and it could sound perfectly normal, like "I just battered the wife at snooker"...

You do realise the "battered the wife" tweet was from a parody account right ?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I didn't since the only place I read that was on the BBC website where it says:

Other users picked up on comments Neville had made when interacting with his sister and with his wife - and one in which he joked he had "just battered the wife".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42803812

Edit: seems BBC were correct after all.

Last edited:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Lord Ousely now on SSN talking about 'double standards' what a hypocrite as didn't see him on SSN condemning Trevor Sinclair........

I acknowledge however Lord Ousely was talking about Phil Neville on SSN news today rather than a racism issue.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

I've just been looking into this and it appears it wasn't from a parody account at all. Some people seem to be saying it was from a parody account but they appear to be incorrect - he did actually tweet that.

[tweet]956249958151327746[/tweet]

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
I've lost some respect for Kick It Out getting involved in this.

Agree with you. If it was a female ex footballer of similar stature to Neville (within the women's game) who had won many England caps and domestic trophies, who was then fast tracked into the job of managing the women's team (without ever having ever managed at the top level a la Neville) would Kick it Out be making a fuss?? Absolutely not. Imagine if was a BAME new England manager, they would be 'welcoming the appointment' and 'applauding the FA's commitment to diversity.'

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I've just been looking into this and it appears it wasn't from a parody account at all. Some people seem to be saying it was from a parody account but they appear to be incorrect - he did actually tweet that.

[tweet]956249958151327746[/tweet]

I stand corrected, apologies.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Do you think posting [emoji38]ol: hides the fact that youve been caught out in your lies and projections again? If theres any feeble posting on Islam its you defending it in a country the otherside of the planet.

Your weak posting is easily managed.

Yes because Islam is localised isn't it. No Muslims round these parts. You really are the gift that keeps giving Looney.

What with that and forgetting there have been civil wars in Europe before. You really are looking quite silly at the moment.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Yes because Islam is localised isn't it. No Muslims round these parts. You really are the gift that keeps giving Looney.

What with that and forgetting there have been civil wars in Europe before. You really are looking quite silly at the moment.

Wow that was really weak so let me expose it for its stupidity as usual.

Nice try at moving the goal posts, I didn't state or imply where muslims are or are not. I just pointed out your need to comment about whats going on on the other side of the planet.

Same thing with your second fail, pointing out there could well be civil wars in the near future says nothing about knowledge of civil wars past. I will remind you again that you are not smart enough to put words in my mouth.:thumbsup:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Phil Neville - Englands femail football Team Manager

I cannot believe that women are criticizing his appointment, they should be delighted that someone of his allround real football experience should give this team even a second thought.
It is known that he had sometime in the past sent a private tweet/email which some consider not PC correct however the way things are going it will be virtually impossible to not find something that does not upset somebody.
Phil could well find it will be a bad decision on his future career when his cv shows his present position

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I cannot believe that women are criticizing his appointment, they should be delighted that someone of his allround real football experience should give this team even a second thought.
It is known that he had sometime in the past sent a private tweet/email which some consider not PC correct however the way things are going it will be virtually impossible to not find something that does not upset somebody.
Phil could well find it will be a bad decision on his future career when his cv shows his present position

Femails shouldn’t play football - end of. And I don’t care if that’s not politically correct correct either.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Wow that was really weak so let me expose it for its stupidity as usual.

Nice try at moving the goal posts, I didn't state or imply where muslims are or are not. I just pointed out your need to comment about whats going on on the other side of the planet.

Same thing with your second fail, pointing out there could well be civil wars in the near future says nothing about knowledge of civil wars past. I will remind you again that you are not smart enough to put words in my mouth.[emoji106]

Keep digging LOONEY. Don't embarrass yourself further by lying about the silly things you have said. It's okay to say silly things, don't worry about it. I will leave it there as I am starting to feel a bit sorry for you. You are off the hook.

Last edited:

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Having failed as a manager in proper football lets hope he does better in this form

Never been a manager ...coach yes and failed at that. But this is the best they could find that is prepared to face the intense media scrutiny into anything they have said or done in their entire life. He has said some stupid things but then if he was intelligent he probably wouldnt have ended up down a career path to football in the first place.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Femails shouldn’t play football - end of. And I don’t care if that’s not politically correct correct either.

Not correct......spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here