Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bruno Saltor legacy

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
He has proved me wrong this season and been outstanding, although Kayal should get player of the season as the team look lost when he doesn't play for us, which is something we will have to address next season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Fella is a class act & having a blinding season that needs some special recognition so I suggest swimming caps and false beards for Boro away in tribute...(last official game of the season and all that).

Oh hang on, scratch that...I forgot that we're not allowed to do shite all that may be considered even vaguely tin pot...

I was thinking the same yesterday

... but for Charlton away

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How on earth has he got better when reaching 35?

This is one of my most weird moments / stories of watching football players. When he first came he looked very class but there was a period for a year or two where he was fairly poor in all honesty. How, at the age of 34/35 he's suddenly been playing like a world beater is odd - so But I love it and I love him!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fella is a class act & having a blinding season that needs some special recognition so I suggest swimming caps and false beards for Boro away in tribute...(last official game of the season and all that).

Oh hang on, scratch that...I forgot that we're not allowed to do shite all that may be considered even vaguely tin pot...

I posted similar on the #baldforpromotion thread.......could work, particularly with that in mind as well.......

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I have doubted him in the past (thought he was well past it last season) but good God has he proved me wrong. He's been absolutely superb this season and is certainly top 3 for Player of the Season.

For me, it's between Kayal, Bruno and maybe Stockdale. I think Kayal edges it simply because, as [MENTION=1983]Stuart[/MENTION]Munday said, we completely fall apart without him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is one of my most weird moments / stories of watching football players. When he first came he looked very class but there was a period for a year or two where he was fairly poor in all honesty. How, at the age of 34/35 he's suddenly been playing like a world beater is odd - so But I love it and I love him!

I love him more.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
My vote for Player of the Season though it's nice to have other genuine candidates for that this year.

Kayal is the keystone of the current team and makes everything tick, but it's Bruno's energy, audacity and technical ability that gets me off my seat.

Vicente was the master but you always sensed you were watching him in his twilight years. With Bruno, even at 35, you feel you're watching a player at the very peak of his career.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not too shabby for 35.

tumblr_o4fwf263OQ1tsdq57o1_500.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Is this his first injury free season?

Chances are in all the time he's been at the club this may well be the first season he's been 100% fit.
Perhaps Bruno doesn't carry a 'niggle' as well as many footballers.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As an aside Ibrahimovic turns 35 this year.

As another aside when I type Ibrahimovic my Kindle suggests 'antagonistic' .

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Genuine 'Legend' status, whatever happens for between now and May.

To think that we have TWO right backs for whom I would happily felch PPF should it so please them - wonderful times.

He's even better than Paul Watson.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The thing is that Bruno is outstanding, in every way, but I can't look at anyone other than Kayal as player of the season. Stockdale and Bruno maybe joint second.

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
Bruno to still be with us at 40? Not too farfetched methinks:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here