Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More banners today, is this getting out of hand?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Totally agree with everyone - its becoming stupid now & needs to be stopped. We arrived in the family stand about midday and there were 2 kids stood down at the front holding up signs, before Maty Ryan even came out for his warm ups, asking for his shirt! And they stayed there right up until just before KO. We have 2 boys of 15 & 12, & even they find it embarrassing. The club needs to clamp down on it IMO.
There was also a guy in our row yesterday (using 2 seats that are arent used by ST holders) who turned up with his son...his lad quite obviously there as an Arsenal fan as he had a Gunners cap on!! Surely they could've got tickets for the away end?!?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
d311981c52efc8e279920f08387d0971.jpg

I reckon they are travellers kids being sent out begging - you can probably sell those shirts for a packet on ebay.

The club are quite receptive sometimes to fan suggestions, after all they stopped the away attendance announcements

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ozil didn't give his shirt away - he swapped it with Knockaert.

After the 2nd goal a couple what I assume were Arsenal fans were ejected from the Lower West (just beside the dugouts) by the stewards.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My wife went and asked him why Ozil. His response was that he was a Brighton supporter but had a German father (or similar close relative).

I’ve just realised she’s even in the photo!

He wouldn’t have been grinning back if I’d gone down there!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
This is pathetic and getting out of hand.

I hope the club instructs our players NOT to hand out their shirts to any kids begging in the crowd.

The shirts should be signed and auctioned / sold for locals charities or taken to hospitals and given to sick kids.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This is pathetic and getting out of hand.

I hope the club instructs our players NOT to hand out their shirts to any kids begging in the crowd.

The shirts should be signed and auctioned / sold for locals charities or taken to hospitals and given to sick kids.

Or Luzzed in the heat of the moment. Stoke away I think almost every player gave away their shirt.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I absolutely hate it as well. Even asking our own players for shirts. It puts pressure on the players because if they don't give it then the Press jump on the players like they have shot a puppy.

Parents should encourage their kids to write a nice ''fan letter'' to the players and then it is up to the players if they want to respond but it is done outwith the glaring eye of the media. A player can't give everyone a shirt.

Writing a letter would help improve kids letter writing skills and it would prepare them for disappointments of life if they don't get a response. The same parents probably walk past homeless people in the street begging for a few pence for a hot cup of tea but find it absolutely fine for their kids to literally beg on National and International TV.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There's a video of a vlogger filming himself during the game yesterday, behind him was a bloke in a Brighton beanie hat that did not flinch the entire game, didn't even clap when those around were going mental, didn't even crack a smile! **** OFF!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So what was started by a young Chelsea fan has become the norm and is pathetic, any parents who have a kid that does this need a banning order served.

As for half and half scarves and the knocker boys............

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He was holding a banner - which Propper would have seen during the warm up. He just came to the front to get the shirt.

Ah I just saw what happened from the seats behind...didn't realise he had a banner....BURN HIM.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
As I spent literally, minutes doing this and putting on the similar thread to this, I've now posted it here!
Should be encouraged!

Attachments

• Shirt signs NSC.jpg
    Shirt signs NSC.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 338

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I wonder if it was the same kids who, when Dunky scored - raced to the East Stand - had adults on their feet cheering & celebrating - just sat looking bored in their seats and not even paying attention, let alone applaud?

The kids in the picture were in the West near the SW corner. Richie Reynolds was over there pre match

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I wonder if it was the same kids who, when Dunky scored - raced to the East Stand - had adults on their feet cheering & celebrating - just sat looking bored in their seats and not even paying attention, let alone applaud?

Really weird that, and they were wearing Albion scarves. WTF, you've got the team bundling right in front of you after a monumental goal and they're just SITTING there motionless and dead in the eyes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here