Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
On the positive side, Dunk, March and Ryan have all looked good against Arsenal. An honourable mention for Duffy too.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Not having any release up front puts massive pressure on defenders. There are 5 or 6 teams that we won't be able to live with home or away not having a pacey tricky striker just makes it more difficult.

I agree, we badly need a real striker. Gross has gone from being a master at creating chances to passing backwards and dare say thats down to not us playing more aggressive, which is probably down to not having a real striker. BUT even our defence are passing poorly giving the ball away too easy etc and thats not down to not having striker.

So what would you do?

I think we have a better chance in these games of playing our natural attacking style. Absolutely we could get pumped but teams like Arsenal are too good to surrender 80% of pitch and possession, they will inevitably score or you will inevitably make a mistake. Commentators taking about training sessions - sticks in the throat. Only chance really is disrupting teams like Arsenal and making them turn back - you just have to gamble on hurting them first

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Assume Izzy Brown is not the answer to our striker problem? Or is he not being fed?

Whatever smoke and mirrors bullshit come from the clubs PR team he is not a Premier League quality no 9 and never has been. He has just been asked to give it ago because we don't have any other options.

Jamie Murphy. AK or Solly March are not the answer either, although it hasn't stopped us having to give it a go with them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Take Izquierdo off, get Knocky on, March to the left.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stick some bloody subs on Chris!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

WGull

Jan 27, 2017
Because we'd be out of the game by half time otherwise. Next question?

Anyone that thinks we can take the top 6 on at their own game is seriously deluded. Keep it tight and we might nick the odd point in these matches.

I'm not saying play them at their own game. we have 3 pacey attacking players on the pitch butt once we do win the ball in defence from sitting back we fail to even try and use them. That's my complaint. It's just been play it at the back, misplace a pass, invite more pressure, win the ball, play it at the back, rinse and repeat until they score

Assume Izzy Brown is not the answer to our striker problem? Or is he not being fed?

He's not shined but who would with the opportunities he has had

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here