Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I saw Dale Stephens today realise his potential

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I will keep it short because I am a massive Dale Stephens fan. Prior to today I had been worried that he hadn't stepped up that level that I was sure he could do.

After watching him today. He is definitely at home at this level

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
I will keep it short because I am a massive Dale Stephens fan. Prior to today I had been worried that he hadn't stepped up that level that I was sure he could do.

I thought he was our worst player today. Only passed sideways, wouldn't shoot & lacks pace. Got a 6/10

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

He was terrific at Bournemouth. I thought he did well today but Propper was better. A good pairing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Still has an error in his locker, but that's the same with a lot of our team, they all need to learn to concentrate for the whole 98 minutes of every game and cut out the loose passes.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I thought he was our worst player today. Only passed sideways, wouldn't shoot & lacks pace. Got a 6/10

No definitely not for me. For the first time I thought he played with the confidence he had played with in the lower league

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Stephens seemed to be making a real difference today with his quick first touches. Some go wrong, and on occasion this ends up exposing us. But if he can just cut out the risky ones deep in our own half, he will be class.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I actually thought today wasn't so good. Not compared to Bournemouth. Indeed today I wondered for the first time if he'll ever really make it as a premier league player - certainly will try hard and not let you down, don't get me wrong, but will he ever get to the level where he has fantastic games. Well lets hope so, I'm a massive Dale fan as well.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Wasn't as good today as he was at Bournemouth, but had a can do a job at this level performance today. His trajectory is upward, in my opinion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do posters, on so many threads, seem to think the players would instantly gel?

It would be a minor miracle for DS to realise his potential in the Premier League after a couple of games, playing in a weak side, and most importantly, next to a fella who's pretty much a complete stranger.

Much the same to be said of Ryan.
Warren A called him out for a miscommunication with Duffy, no sh*t Warren come back to us if it's still happening when the decorations go up, not so soon after the Summer holidays.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Why do posters, on so many threads, seem to think the players would instantly gel?

It would be a minor miracle for DS to realise his potential in the Premier League after a couple of games, playing in a weak side, and most importantly, next to a fella who's pretty much a complete stranger.

Much the same to be said of Ryan.
Warren A called him out for a miscommunication with Duffy, no sh*t Warren come back to us if it's still happening when the decorations go up, not so soon after the Summer holidays.

WA talks shite all day every day. Take no notice of him.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

How people look through different eyes eh? Although I think you're talking bollocks :laugh:

Still has an error in his locker, but that's the same with a lot of our team, they all need to learn to concentrate for the whole 98 minutes of every game and cut out the loose passes.

Twice he gave passes away in dangerous midfield positions today which clouded over an overall decent performance. Sadly those loose passes v Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man U, Man C, Liverpool, will be punished.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No definitely not for me. For the first time I thought he played with the confidence he had played with in the lower league

I agree with this summing up as I think that he has reached the point where we and Burnley thought that he would. He has got better as he plays more games.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Brilliant today, great assist.

Gave the ball away just before HT and just after. Otherwise didn't put a foot wrong and bossed the game. His first time pinged passes along the ground we all remember from last season are starting to come off nicely. Somehow these get completely ignored by every cretin suggesting he only knows how to pass sideways or backwards, it's exasperating.

Easily two 8-9 rated performances back to back now. When this guy plays (well) we usually win, as evidenced last season so long may it continue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here