Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

First bits of 2017/18 match day ticket pricing announced

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Cat C: £30, Cat B: £35, Cat A: £45.
That reminds me of my son's maths homework...

If all three cats receive a 30% increase then how much more money will Cat A have than Cat B...?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No need to be confused...read the OP. :)

Oh - and with 23k STH, the stadium is unlikely to be half full, whatever the match day ticket prices.

Whoops should have read the post properly! And half full was a very loose term, I would have expected a lot of empty seats if Cat C was £45. It's not, so move along! :thumbsup:

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So, Reading the guide the tickets are:

CATEGORY A
prices start from
£45 for Adults
£35 for 65+/U21
£25 for U18

CATEGORY B
prices start from
£35 for Adults
£26 for 65+/U21
£18 for U18

CATEGORY C
prices start from
£30 for Adults
£23 for 65+/U21
£15 for U18

I am reasonably happy with that pricing for a Cat B or C as my son and I can come along for £45-£53 between us and that isn't too horrific. Feels a bit steep for Cat A but lets be honest, we will be playing some of the best teams in the world and that doesn't come cheap

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
"After the game Dicks Bar will remain open along with the ticket office and club superstore". No mention of the concourses

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
£45 for the CHEAPEST seats for Cat A seems ridiculous! Especially when the away fans will only have to pay £30!

Actually I was thinking that £45 is cheaper than I expected! This is the Premier League now remember. We have no choice but to charge £30 for away fans, the price isn't determined by us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It's Premier League rules. It is felt that away fans, and the atmosphere that they help to create, is a key part of the Premier League product sold for gazillions around the world.

The pricing is designed to encourage away supporters to travel in number and fill away allocations.

I agree with that for sure but I do not understand why we cannot cap our home tickets as well. With the TV money coming in surely ticket income is a drop in the ocean

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I've really enjoyed the journey to the Premier League. As a destination, though, it's turning out to be a bit of a shit sandwich.

I'm seriously contemplating having a year off.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I agree with that for sure but I do not understand why we cannot cap our home tickets as well. With the TV money coming in surely ticket income is a drop in the ocean

This is the point. How much more money will the club expect from a £45 cat A game with match by match tickets? There won't be many around, and assuming the cheapest is £45, is the ESU £53-55? Crazy stuff! Just reduce it by £5 and you are someone near acceptable. The point being that with this seasons TV money we could have given away half the tickets for nothing and still been better off financially than a season in the PL last year. Barber being too greedy again!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Any ideas on teams/matches that fill those Categories?
I'm thinking
A - Arsenal, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham?
B - Everton, Leicester, Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham?
C - Bournemouth, Burnley, Huddersfield, Stoke, Swansea, Watford, West Brom?

Huddersfield. Category C....how very dare you? We are A+++++++ category.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Part of me thinks this might have a bit of future proofing in it. First season back in the top flight, quite possible we could go straight back down so whack the prices up and get as much money in as possible. Sure, we've got a massive boon just from being in the Premier League but more money is definitely better than the money you already have.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Any ideas on teams/matches that fill those Categories?
I'm thinking
A - Arsenal, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Tottenham?
B - Everton, Leicester, Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham?
C - Bournemouth, Burnley, Huddersfield, Stoke, Swansea, Watford, West Brom?

If those predictions are correct it would cost a minimum of £700 to watch every match at the Amex next season. If the highest prices are £10 greater it would cost a maximum of £890.

Makes a ST seem even better value...and remember it includes the travel voucher.

The Category A games will sell out quickly, seems churlish to have a pop at Tony Bloom for trying to get an extra fiver back off people for some games given that he's spent £300 million of his own money in delivering Premier League football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here