Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Just wondering why a lot of people think Newcastle will definitely get a automatic place, their form recently isn't impressive can see them finishing third

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
There is not a thing we can do about Huddersfield now .We have played them twice , but if we continue to do what we have done over the past season, then they will not catch us simples . Lets just concentrate on giving OUR TEAM the best possible support ,so we make sure they do it .

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
At the end of the day if they continue their incredible run and get into the top two dislodging either us or Newcastle fair play to them they will have thoroughly deserved that position.

No grumbles, No bad feeling towards them for knocking us out of the top two, it will be our failing as a unit to maintain that position and that my friends is football.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As above, beat Reading and the barcodes and the table will look VERY good, given our remaining fixtures.

NSC has lost it's mind after last night's result. It needs to be put under suicide watch.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just wondering why a lot of people think Newcastle will definitely get a automatic place, their form recently isn't impressive can see them finishing third

It is pretty much identical to ours if you take it over a 10 or so game period.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Beat Reading and the Bar Codes in the next week, and Town beat the Bar Codes too, then it could be a blue and white celebration for promotion. I'd love it if they went up, so long as we do too.

Spot on - two teams with blue and white stripes - unprecedented although it will not be that straight forward, of course!!! Massive amount of work still to be done and general tightening of sphincters required all round.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just wondering why a lot of people think Newcastle will definitely get a automatic place
I don't think people think that. The point is that we've been concentrating on Huddersfield because if they stopped winning, it wouldn't matter whether Newcastle do well or not.

As above, beat Reading and the barcodes and the table will look VERY good
If only it were that easy.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Since Norwich dropped away back in November, I'd been confident that 85 points would see us over they line. It looks like I'll be correct about that being enough to finish in front of Leeds and Reading; however, I don't see any weakness or lack of depth with Hudds at this stage, and I'm sure that they're going to finish in the low to mid 90s. It looks like a 3 way fight and probably a record 3rd place points total. Next Tuesday's game and the Hudds v Newcastle games are going to be massive.

Makes a complete mockery of the poll to predict who'll be our biggest rival. Villa will be on the 'teams that can't catch us' list in a couple of weeks!

Last edited:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Let's dispense with the loveins for promotion rivals shall we. Happened last season with burnley and boro at different times and look how that turned out - the well-wishers flooding in after were equally as annoying as the abusive *****, of which there were plenty.

Sure, at the start of the season Huddersfield would have been a club I would like to see go up with us, they still are, but until our own destiny is secured i'll be wishing they lose every single game.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Let's dispense with the loveins for promotion rivals shall we. Happened last season with burnley and boro at different times and look how that turned out - the well-wishers flooding in after were equally as annoying as the abusive *****, of which there were plenty.

Sure, at the start of the season Huddersfield would have been a club I would like to see go up with us, they still are, but until our own destiny is secured i'll be wishing they lose every single game.

Well said.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

Where on earth has anyone praising them wished anything but them losing every game? I hope Huddersfield and Newcastle lose every game also just like they would us, doesn't mean we shouldn't have the class to acknowledge they are on a fine run and at this moment they are the form team in the league and deserve to be in amongst the promotion Chase.

I can say all that whilst also wishing they lose every game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
At the end of the day if they continue their incredible run and get into the top two dislodging either us or Newcastle fair play to them they will have thoroughly deserved that position.

No grumbles, No bad feeling towards them for knocking us out of the top two, it will be our failing as a unit to maintain that position and that my friends is football.

Agreed, the thrashing at their place could well be the defining moment of the season imo. They have gone on an incredible run of tough games since then and won them all.

If they pass us on the way to the Premier League there will be tears but no complaints from me

Everyone keeps saying they can't keep it up, maybe not but if we match their results for all but two games it could be enough. Get the next two games out of the way and the picture will be much clearer.

BradfordTerrier

Feb 22, 2017
I totally get the big club playing second string against the minnow, but this is the other way around.

We made 7 changes from Rotherham game for Man City and then 9 changes for last night. Number of games isn't an issue as we've rotated squad all season so all are capable of coming in and doing same job as player they replace.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Huddersfield are on an amazing run. It will soon end and I suspect they will suffer a dip in form like almost every other side.

Keep calm and carry on. Have a sneaky feeling they will drop points in the Yorkshire derby on Saturday, making our game with Reading even more important.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
I don't think people think that. The point is that we've been concentrating on Huddersfield because if they stopped winning, it wouldn't matter whether Newcastle do well or not.

I think they will hit a bump or two between now and the end of the season, saying that so will us and Newcastle, going to be a great run in

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Agreed, the thrashing at their place could well be the defining moment of the season imo. They have gone on an incredible run of tough games since then and won them all.

If they pass us on the way to the Premier League there will be tears but no complaints from me

Everyone keeps saying they can't keep it up, maybe not but if we match their results for all but two games it could be enough. Get the next two games out of the way and the picture will be much clearer.

I think your right apart from the picture maybe slightly murky rainy day resulting in a picture as clear as you guessed it MUD.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think it has been written in the football fairytale books that we will go up, on goal difference, one year after not going up on goal difference and 20 years after staying in the football league on goal difference.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think it has been written in the football fairytale books that we will go up, on goal difference, one year after not going up on goal difference and 20 years after staying in the football league on goal difference.

Our Goal Difference was worse than Herefords that Season.
Goals scored was used that season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For those using last year's parallels;

Newcastle are Middlesbrough - north east club, favourites, bit volatile potentially but should have enough to get it done. Pressure weighing heaviest on them.

Huddersfield are Brighton - going on a fantastic free-scoring run post-Christmas, and scaring the life out of the top two. But this is new to them, they won't be used to the pressure of the final few games.

Therefore, we are Burnley - tougher, less easy on the eye than last year, but know exactly what it takes to get over the line. Gritty and determined. Kept the nucleus of the previous year's side together.

We're going up. I actually think it'll be Newcastle who blink first, over the next couple of weeks. We're right in the eye of the storm now, this is insanely exciting/stressful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here