Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any chance of signing a player with premier league experience ??

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Huddersfield, much to my chagrin, are a great and current example. How many of their squad have any extensive Premier League experience? 1? Maybe? Where are they in the league again?

Yes - they've not exactly played any of the big boys and it's early days BLAH BLAH BLAH. They are an excellent example of why "Premier League Experience" isn't a prerequisite to be able to hold your own in this league.

Or B'muff in their first season..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ahhh...it's like Big Ben was never switched off :)

:lolol:

Thought Bong had played a few times for Wigan in the PL for some reason, but obviously not. This of course means he is wholly inadequate and should be jettisoned from the squad forthwith, along with all the other non-Premier League experienced WASTRELS we have sloshing around stealing a living from the club.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Let's all take a moment to remember the club has spent upwards of £50m on players who have been identified and thoroughly scouted by people with much more knowledge than either of us.

Like Kemy Agustien & Elvis you mean?!!!

Whilst it is a bit of concern that the recent signings haven't come close to playing at EPL standard (how many sides in the Swiss league would be competitive in the Championship?), of more concern is how late we have left getting these players in. I agree that the club will have been tracking and scouting them for a very long time, it baffles me why we didn't get them signed up BEFORE the start of the season.

We now have to wait for medicals / work permits / international clearance when we could have had the players signed, all the paperwork done and had them properly settled in before we played our first game. Huddersfield managed to do their business early so I find it difficult to understand why we can't.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Like Kemy Agustien & Elvis you mean?!!!

Whilst it is a bit of concern that the recent signings haven't come close to playing at EPL standard (how many sides in the Swiss league would be competitive in the Championship?), of more concern is how late we have left getting these players in. I agree that the club will have been tracking and scouting them for a very long time, it baffles me why we didn't get them signed up BEFORE the start of the season.

We now have to wait for medicals / work permits / international clearance when we could have had the players signed, all the paperwork done and had them properly settled in before we played our first game. Huddersfield managed to do their business early so I find it difficult to understand why we can't.
Agree. It's almost criminal to have gone three games in to the season with Murray and hemed

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
We could beat Barcelona 10-1 in the Champions League final, and you can guarantee there would still be some on here slagging off our defence/keeper for having conceded one.

Well, Maty Ryan should never have spilled it at Messi's feet. Basic error.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How well did he do then ??? When Bournemouth sold him how many other prem clubs wanted him? Murray is a quality championship striker and that's it .

Oooooohhhhhh, so you don't MEAN premier league experience then

You mean "was brilliant in the premier league"

Got it.

Tony and the recruitment team, if you're reading this, we need signings who were brilliant in the premier league. Hope that helps.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Oooooohhhhhh, so you don't MEAN premier league experience then

You mean "was brilliant in the premier league"

Got it.

Tony and the recruitment team, if you're reading this, we need signings who were brilliant in the premier league. Hope that helps.

Why would we want to sign failed premier league players , very strange strategy that would be !!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why would we want to sign failed premier league players , very strange strategy that would be !!

We don't

Hence us signing very good players from elsewhere.

You seem confused as to what you want.

I also like that Murray is now in the category of "failed premier league players".

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Still waiting to hear where all this money is coming from to buy these brilliant highly experienced Premier players ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Still waiting to hear where all this money is coming from to buy these brilliant highly experienced Premier players ?

You can just imagine him in the board room drawing a massive zen diagram with "PL experience" and "Brilliant" crossing over.

The rest of the board would stand up applauding:
"Tony, I think he's on to something here"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here