Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long before maenpaa is given a chance !!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Going to be nice to see a keeper 2nite who can do the basics right and claim the no1 jersey!

Sometimes I think we are 'supported' by an absolute load of *****, I really do.

Our recruitment team has spent thousands of pounds and countless hours tracking Ryan for ages, studied his game, watched him play countless times, looked into his character, found out about his background and came to the conclusion that he is better than Stockdale, and finally decided to part with £5 million for his services. He has a slightly dodgy start in a new country in a new league, and people write him off. It is absolutely ****ing pathetic for anyone who has been watching football for longer than about three weeks to do that. Do you remember what Stockdale was like at the start?

Give the guy a chance, FFS. He is a far better keeper than any that will be playing tonight!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I thought are own fans singing 'Wooooh you're sh1t arrrrgghhh!' to him was a bit harsh.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Give the guy a chance, FFS. He is a far better keeper than any that will be playing tonight!

Possibly, but how good is Maenpaa? Presumably CH and Ben Roberts think he's not as good as Stockdale or Ryan, and they see him every day in training but I've never seen him do much wrong in games.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Possibly, but how good is Maenpaa? Presumably CH and Ben Roberts think he's not as good as Stockdale or Ryan, and they see him every day in training but I've never seen him do much wrong in games.

Clearly not good enough for Hughton or Roberts to be confident enough in him as our number 1, and that was in the Championship. They see him way more than we do, so I'm guessing they're right.

I don't understand how people thinks dropping Ryan now is going to achieve anything. All it would do is completely destroy his confidence. He needs games. Personally, I'd play him tonight.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maenpaa does get frequent chances.

In every cup game the club disgracefully refuses to take seriously, yet still takes serious money off fans for.

Hopefully that policy will change sometime soon.

If only to stop oldies continually pathetically banging on about 1983.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can't see Ryan being dropped, and I would not want that. He may have done better on a couple of the goals. Others may have made the same errors.

If - and I'm sure he won't - he makes errors at Watford and West Brom, then I'd say yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here