Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could there be other terrorists working for London Underground ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In old school (which doesn't mean its wrong) never trust a man with a beard.

Rolf Harris, Peter Sutcliffe need i go on.

The latest beard trend has made it more difficult to weed out those that hid behind one.

I used to work for a company called EDS. Even up to the mid 90's they banned men having beards ..... maybe London Underground should follow suit ?

D

Deleted member 2719

futurama-fry-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Yes, it's a bit tongue in cheek, but i am very much into body language and a beard is a mask at the end of the day, IMO you have a beard for just 4 reasons:
1) Fashion
2) lazy and don't wish to shave
3)To cover bad skin
4) As a mask to hide behind. (guilty)

Where are you taking these figures from, out of interest?

Did these people tick 'jihadi' on a census form?

I did the calculations, they were spouting on the news several days ago that there were 24,000 Jihadis in the UK, Khan said this morning on TV that there are 3,000,000 Muslims in the UK.

3,000,000 / 24,000 = 125

1 in 125 Muslims could easily be a Jahadi they also quoted that was only a minimum figure there could be more.

Ex human right lawyer Khan is hardly going to stop them is he.

D

Deleted member 2719

I used to work for a company called EDS. Even up to the mid 90's they banned men having beards ..... maybe London Underground should follow suit ?

I say pin them down and attack them all with a badgers brushes and soap and water.

Doh, now i will have the i love the badger brigade onto me!

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
had a conversation with one of my best mates who works for tfl..... she was in midst of a group chat online with some fellow workers who had recognised the chap and had worked with him. he hadnt passed probation, so was released.... but... brings up the question of why was he employed in the first place considering he was known for his views? Where was the filter in the tfl system to check out who they employ... THAT is more worrying... when he was quite blatant.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That might explain Teresa May's recent comment about stamping out extremism "across the public sector and across society"
I dont think it does. I heard that as must do better spotting it early in Schools, Universities and Colleges.

... Not the enemy within down the library or in the post office.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yes, it's a bit tongue in cheek, but i am very much into body language and a beard is a mask at the end of the day, IMO you have a beard for just 4 reasons:
1) Fashion
2) lazy and don't wish to shave
3)To cover bad skin
4) As a mask to hide behind. (guilty)

I did the calculations, they were spouting on the news several days ago that there were 24,000 Jihadis in the UK, Khan said this morning on TV that there are 3,000,000 Muslims in the UK.

3,000,000 / 24,000 = 125

1 in 125 Muslims could easily be a Jahadi they also quoted that was only a minimum figure there could be more.

Do Turkeys vote for Christmas?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
In 2004 I was training a young lad on the Northern line,about six months after passing his road test he left for Afghanistan,
his brother is now toast,he's still on the lam apparently!!!

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

or maybe they could just do basic security checks.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
had a conversation with one of my best mates who works for tfl..... she was in midst of a group chat online with some fellow workers who had recognised the chap and had worked with him. he hadnt passed probation, so was released.... but... brings up the question of why was he employed in the first place considering he was known for his views? Where was the filter in the tfl system to check out who they employ... THAT is more worrying... when he was quite blatant.

I'm not sure why you think TFL would or should have picked up his extremist views ? You're not allowed to ask about religious views in an interview.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

3,000,000 / 24,000 = 125

Yes - this is the part, I'd like a link to, please. Who are 'they', and were did they get the (deeply troubling) 24,000 figure from?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The underground employs a lot of young presumably mainly not well educated young Muslim men with beards. Surely this group is the most likely to be radicalised . Should not this be a concern ?

Well there is stereotyping at it's best.

Actually, the more likely to be radicalised are well educated people. Terrorist groups are full of well educated people who do the fund raising, the computer technical stuff, the weapon designing, the planning on how to get explosives through high tech security, the radicalisation itself through studies of theology and history.

Just because the ones who tend to carry out the terrorist acts tend to be not of a high educated standard doesn't mean they all are. Those 3 girls who went to Libya were all ''A Grade'' students.

What we face is a struggle of colossal magnitude and no one knows the answers to it. And I mean absolutely no one.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I'm not sure why you think TFL would or should have picked up his extremist views ? You're not allowed to ask about religious views in an interview.

I do know that TFL employ half a dozen boffins who's sole purpose is to check potential employees social media,Facebook,instagram etc,it happens once the applicant gets to interview stage.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I dont think it does. I heard that as must do better spotting it early in Schools, Universities and Colleges.

... Not the enemy within down the library or in the post office.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Government is trying their hardest to shut all the libraries so we won't have to worry about late fees, or the terrorists trying to enforce them, much longer.

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
1) Fashion
2) lazy and don't wish to shave Guilty as charged...
3)To cover bad skin
4) As a mask to hide behind. (

...promise I will try harder tomorrow!

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I do know that TFL employ half a dozen boffins who's sole purpose is to check potential employees social media,Facebook,instagram etc,it happens once the applicant gets to interview stage.

Is the right answer. There are fairly robust procedures in place with TFL, but if someone ia that determined they're going to get employed anywhere if they're clever and careful enough.

As to this fella, he didn't even pass probation, but all of a sudden London Underground is full of jihadists, it's ****ing ridiculous.

As to shaving TFL employees beards, anyone one of you ****ers comes near my beautiful badgeresque beard there's gonna be a right royal rumble :D

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
of course not... but background checks cannot be beyond the realms of possibility surely?

For a customer service agent ??

Even BC clearance checks usually take between 2 to 3 months. It's seems a bit unreasonable to expect TFL to go beyond the checks of a usual employer for something like the role he was in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here