Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Who will partner Hemed up front?

Aside: the interesting thing about Leciester that when they are leading instead of bringing on an extra defender and playing deeper, they actually take off their two best wide midfielders and bring on attacking players and play a masterful possession game in the opponents half (possession football the best form of defence?), but still keep both full backs deep (almost the opposite of Hyypia!).

Another interesting thing against Sunderland is that did not much success playing Vardy in a deeper role and when he was on the shoulder of the Sunderland defence they looked like winning. I don't know how that translates to the Albion though as our choice of second strikers are nor nearly as quick running into space.

It is easier to beat Lichaj on the outside than cutting inside (my surmise). So I don't reckon on having both Rosenoir and Murphy on our left (inverted). I would guess at Bong. This might be a bit expansive for CH though?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I honestly can't do descriptive justice to how shithouse Forest are.
We should beat them with consummate ease.
If Eric Lichaj plays, we will. If not, it may be harder.
Take any sort of win.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I honestly can't do descriptive justice to how shithouse Forest are.
We should beat them with consummate ease.
If Eric Lichaj plays, we will. If not, it may be harder.
Take any sort of win.

I cannot believe that you just posted that...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Too confident?

You are a long time Albion fan, you know that it doesn't matter how shitehouse a team is we can very easily lose to them :smile:

A bit like how our game is pretty well guaranteed to deteriorate whenever the opposition is down to 10 men.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Where's the score predictor thread? I'm going 1-2 lualua to score last

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
You are a long time Albion fan, you know that it doesn't matter how shitehouse a team is we can very easily lose to them :smile:

A bit like how our game deteriorates whenever the opposition is down to 10 men.

This is true. I've worried about this particular game for a while, as it goes. Our goalkeepers have a tendency to fail spectacularly at the City Ground.
But, realistically, if Boro were headed there, we'd be expecting them to wipe the floor with Forest.
No longer are we inferior. No longer will we be bullied by those without skill.
We're Brighton & Hove Albion and we're going up.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Who will partner Hemed up front?

Aside: the interesting thing about Leciester that when they are leading instead of bringing on an extra defender and playing deeper, they actually take off their two best wide midfielders and bring on attacking players and play a masterful possession game in the opponents half (possession football the best form of defence?), but still keep both full backs deep (almost the opposite of Hyypia!).

Another interesting thing against Sunderland is that did not much success playing Vardy in a deeper role and when he was on the shoulder of the Sunderland defence they looked like winning. I don't know how that translates to the Albion though as our choice of second strikers are nor nearly as quick running into space.

It is easier to beat Lichaj on the outside than cutting inside (my surmise). So I don't reckon on having both Rosenoir and Murphy on our left (inverted). I would guess at Bong. This might be a bit expansive for CH though?

Wilson if fit, Murphy if not...?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hasnt CH indicated he will go 4-5-1 with just Hemed up front? I am sure I heard or read that he has said he will not start both Hemed and Wilson while they are the only 2 fit strikers.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I would go Skalak and Murphy on the wings, Knocky as second striker to Hemed.

They will have Fox at CB, needs to be tested.

PG

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hasnt CH indicated he will go 4-5-1 with just Hemed up front? I am sure I heard or read that he has said he will not start both Hemed and Wilson while they are the only 2 fit strikers.

Pretty certain it'll be the same team as Tuesday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Forest are not yet safe from relegation under caretaker manager Paul Williams and Lichaj is more concerned with that end of the table than Brighton's promotion aspirations.

"I don't really care about what they have in mind. I'm more bothered about us getting three points," Lichaj told Forest's website. "If that stops them from getting automatic promotion then so what?"

Well now that's just bloody RUDE, isn't it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Forest are not yet safe from relegation under caretaker manager Paul Williams and Lichaj is more concerned with that end of the table than Brighton's promotion aspirations.

"I don't really care about what they have in mind. I'm more bothered about us getting three points," Lichaj told Forest's website. "If that stops them from getting automatic promotion then so what?"

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be picked to play.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The guy is an absolute CJTC who has badly injured Lualua and March in the space of 18 months.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Gutted not to be able to watch - even with VPN active SKY won't let me buy a pass outside UK.
Back to plan A and SeagullsPlayer

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here