Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If that's true about the £2.5 mill I've changed my mind,that's shocking. Gus mouthed off about him being a £5mill player last season. "Cue the usual undisclosed fee" line from the club.

The club would be stupid to announce it as anythingother than undisclosed, given that in the next 24 hours we will be negotiating to buy players from other clubs. Why show them our hand?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Thing is when was the last time we sold a player for £2.5M is this not a record for us?

Considering we have been shit for 20years this is the first time we have been in a place to have good players with the over inflated prices sky has brought to the table.

£2.5m for a player is peanuts to a premiership team. I have no doubt Bridcutt can make the step up.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I think I might boo Stephens as soon as he walks on the pitch, I'm not even gonna give him a chance

Nothing against Stephens, but replacing one of our best players for several years it would be rather underwhelming, would you not agree?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Like I think I say most transfer windows, take these amounts with a pinch of salt. The fee will be officially undisclosed. Leaks will come out to give each side the appearance of the best deal. Our side will say 4m theirs will say 2.5-3m, and it'll be something like 2.5m up front, a little bit more over a certain period, then extra if certain conditions are met adding up to a total of 4m, then both can present the best spin on the deal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nothing against Stephens, but replacing one of our best players for several years it would be rather underwhelming, would you not agree?

Stephens has a lot more experience / proven ability than Bridcutt had when he signed. Perhaps best to wait and actually see him play, would you not agree?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Not to me, the only thing I'm underwhelmed about is the way Bridcutt has pretty well downed tools over the last month or so. He may not have refused to play but he has put Oscar in a really difficult position. I find it quite ironic, he could do no wrong last year and Barnes could do no right (for many fans) when you consider how all of this has panned out. I have the upmost respect for Ashley and pretty well none for Liam now.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club would be stupid to announce it as anythingother than undisclosed, given that in the next 24 hours we will be negotiating to buy players from other clubs. Why show them our hand?

Undisclosed but rumoured to be £2.5M means the club won't be ripped off by clubs and agents who think we got £4M

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we have really sold Bridcutt for just £3M it will be an appalling piece of business. What happened to £4M?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
IMHO the crucial issue here is just how much of the Barnes and Bridcutt fees will actually be made available to spend?

Secondly although it would be great to read banner headlines reporting 'Bridcutt goes for £4m' I actually don't mind if the Club are saying its an 'undisclosed' fee and the media are reporting 'only' £2.5m because that might lower expectations of Clubs we are negotiating with for our own signings. Ok it is maybe a naïve thought but there's no harm in them believing us not to be quite as minted as we might.

Given that the clock is now rapidly counting down before the window closes it is good that the Bridcutt deal is done (assuming the medical goes ok) and we can now focus on our own signings.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Nope.

Price I heard was £2.5 million + £0.5 million add ons, the price Sunderland paid, so Albion will actually receive less than this, more like £2 million, I expect.

Dale Stephens will likely use up more than half of that fee.

I thought a purchase price of £3.5 million would have been the most they would have paid.

I do not hold with Liam Bridcutt being that good. Over-rated and in some respects we had a considerable weakness of opponents dribbling against us through the centre of the park.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here