Premiership Football

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
premier-league-fixture-list.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We have a great chance to win the premiership league next season.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Changing the Premiership to Premier League was genius. I think they should also change the Championship to Champion League.

Oh hang on.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Changing the Premiership to Premier League was genius. I think they should also change the Championship to Champion League.

Oh hang on.

Just imagine all the pedants! "It's Champion League, you fool, I said CHAMPION, no effing 'S'... oh, FFS, some of the idiots on NSC!"

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is getting the name right considered pedantry?

Like, if I kept saying the name of my company wrong would it be pedantic for someone to point that out?

Depends whether it's Nike or Nike (Nikey).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
All these people moaning about the 'Premiership' - do you work for the premier league or their sponsors perchance? Your zeal to defend the proper name borders on fanatical

Me, I've decided to deliberately and post-ironically call it the premiership on here just for the shits and giggles :moo:

and tomorrow I shall be singing We're on our Waaaaaaaay, to the Premiership, we're on our waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy and so on, and dare Mr Barber to flame me from the posh seats :doublemoo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe we should be replacing "Were Loose" at the top of the page with We're in the Premier League not the Fecking Premiership?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I find it pretty funny people arguing over a brand name for our 1st division.

True but because of NSCs obsession with this it is pissing me off when people say Premiership!!

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's seems that it is ok, cool almost, to refer to it as the First Division but not The Premiership. I usually write PL but this is because I'm lazy.

I still refer to the League Cup at the Rumbelows Cup or Milk Cup despite knowing full well it is neither (to be honest, I don't know who sponsors it now but could easily look it up).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here