Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Owen Smith received more votes than there are members of the Conservative party last year.

Not sure where I blamed the membership for the poll ratings?

Do you think Labour can win a General Election under Jeremy Corbyn then?

I think he has the best chance of any Labour politician yes

How high that chance is depends on how successfully Labour supporters cut through the media flak against him

As I said before, no worthwhile change is easy or not hard won

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Everything about Nuttall comes across as incredibly fake even for a politician. Lied about doing a PHD, lied about losing a close friend at Hillsborough, with no evidence to suggest he was there at all. Lied about his address on his form to take part in the by-election. Rows back on his desire to privatise the NHS.

What a shyster.

The labour candidate dont sound great either but I hope he wins and knocks the smugness out of Nuttall. Hopefully the house UKIP bought will be sold at a Brexit related loss as he slinks off back to Bootle.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Why on earth should it affect his leadership? We already knew that he was a compulsive liar but it didn't affect his election.

And we've just seen the election of a US president who struggles to tell anything approaching the truth, so mendacity is scarcely a political handicap these days.

Can I just say that it's this kind of delusional, patronising and disengaging comment from the Corbyn supporters that is probably the biggest single factor in switching off the voters who ultimately will be needed to vote labour if ever this view of utopia is ever to be delivered

ROSM is a typical example of someone who thinks himself a progressive but will happily let this most dreadful right wing chaotic Brexit by accident government back in because he won't swallow his pride and support the guy most Labour Party members chose

What is your plan for defeating May's hard Brexit? Oh that's right you've given up totally *slow clap*

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I think he has the best chance of any Labour politician yes

How high that chance is depends on how successfully Labour supporters cut through the media flak against him

As I said before, no worthwhile change is easy or not hard won

The NHS, Welfare State and Minimum Wage have two things in common. They were proposed by the Labour Party and implemented after winning elections.

Eventually you have to do a deal with the electorate and earn the right to govern. This won't happen from a rigid ideological standpoint.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
ROSM is a typical example of someone who thinks himself a progressive but will happily let this most dreadful right wing chaotic Brexit by accident government back in because he won't swallow his pride and support the guy most Labour Party members chose

What is your plan for defeating May's hard Brexit? Oh that's right you've given up totally *slow clap*

Once again demonstrating that you know very little. I just pointed out that to win an election you need to convince people to vote for you. You don't get that that patronising (and now developed into abusing) the very people you're trying to persuade.

I can just see you on the doorstep;

London Irish 'will you vote for labour?'

Potential voter 'not sure. Not keen on that corbyn fella'

London Irish 'well it's going to be tough. Everyone's against him. Media, labour members, everyone. It's a conspiracy '

Potential voter 'well what about his history of supporting the IRA. Did that really happen?'

London Irish 'nope all made up. Didn't do it, didn't say it, never edited a newsletter that revelled in the Brighton bombing. He wasn't even there when that edition was published'

Potential voter 'but he wasn't convincing on the Euro referendum was he. 7 out of 10 wasn't a good message'

London Irish 'listen you mindless moron. He's ****ing brilliant. He's the great leader. If you're to arrogant and lazy to see that then more fool you. Why don't you piss off and revel in the world of a hard brexit that's entirely your fault and nobody else's.'

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing

As opposed to Corbyn taking a holiday during the Referendum campaign while expecting party members to fund the streets?

D

Deleted member 22389

Everything about Nuttall comes across as incredibly fake even for a politician. Lied about doing a PHD, lied about losing a close friend at Hillsborough, with no evidence to suggest he was there at all. Lied about his address on his form to take part in the by-election. Rows back on his desire to privatise the NHS.

What a shyster.

The labour candidate dont sound great either but I hope he wins and knocks the smugness out of Nuttall. Hopefully the house UKIP bought will be sold at a Brexit related loss as he slinks off back to Bootle.

Yes if Nuttal lied, that is wrong but I will still vote for UKIP. I have said before, I will never ever vote for the labour party again. If UKIP get to a point of no longer existing I simply won't bother voting anymore. All that mattered to me is we voted to leave the EU. Labour wrecked and sold our country down the river.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You are assuming

that's just it, I'm not assuming anything. Davis will negotiate the best deal he can, how hard or "shitty" in your view it is will depend on how hard the EU want to be. the mood music has already drastically changed in the recent months, with more talk of cooperation, keeping the City open to EU nations etc. red lines will be drawn and crossed on both sides, its far too early to say how hard or soft it will really be.

fact is that the 2 years to negotiate will have expired by the time Labour came to power, even in your highly speculative scenario that the current Tories revolt against May and invoke section 2 of Fixed-term parliament act, and Corbyn turns around the worse polling in history to gain power (lets say in coalition with SNP ...). that your most realistic scenario?

my more realistic scenario is that if the deal from EU is super harsh, we go ahead with full bore exit. the Tory party will vote in another of their own in that scenario and at the next GE its too late. another scenario is that the EU play for time and extend, the deal still open and negotiated at the next GE, so the "shitty deal" you assume is still an unknown. Corbyn will be fighting a GE with a split party unsure whether to accept leaving and where to fight the many causes from remain.

And yet somehow that's still a more convincing plan than Corbyn and his team have come up with.

Sounds good as a line doesn't it mate? But hides the fact you're a coward doing feck all alas

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
London Irish is spiteful charlatan who's modus operandi is to talk first, if dare to have a differing opinion will insult your intelligence with tranche after tranche of left wing bile, in the 17 years I have been posting on here I've never yet seen many who actually give two hoots about him! I think he actually flounced once, failed at that too!

that's just it, I'm not assuming anything. Davis will negotiate the best deal he can, how hard or "shitty" in your view it is will depend on how hard the EU want to be. the mood music has already drastically changed in the recent months, with more talk of cooperation, keeping the City open to EU nations etc. red lines will be drawn and crossed on both sides, its far too early to say how hard or soft it will really be.

fact is that the 2 years to negotiate will have expired by the time Labour came to power, even in your highly speculative scenario that the current Tories revolt against May and invoke section 2 of Fixed-term parliament act, and Corbyn turns around the worse polling in history to gain power (lets say in coalition with SNP ...). that your most realistic scenario?

my more realistic scenario is that if the deal from EU is super harsh, we go ahead with full bore exit. the Tory party will vote in another of their own in that scenario and at the next GE its too late. another scenario is that the EU play for time and extend, the deal still open and negotiated at the next GE, so the "shitty deal" you assume is still an unknown. Corbyn will be fighting a GE with a split party unsure whether to accept leaving and where to fight the many causes from remain.

You actually fail to grasp intellectually how divided and chaotic the Tories are on Europe and how it could rip them apart at any moment, as it has done in recent history. Granted they have the best PR in the business both paid and paid by press proprietors but you got to look past that.

As for the Pollyanna ish vision of no economic disruption as we tear up every trade deal going, give me a break. The lie to justify this will have to be massive.

And I'll give you the same challenge - what's your plan to stop hard Brexit? Or have you swallowed so much of the May propaganda that you now think it's a wonderful idea?

London Irish is spiteful charlatan who's modus operandi is to talk first, if dare to have a differing opinion will insult your intelligence with tranche after tranche of left wing bile, in the 17 years I have been posting on here I've never yet seen many who actually give two hoots about him! I think he actually flounced once, failed at that too!

Tory prick :) delighted to get up your nose :)

The NHS, Welfare State and Minimum Wage have two things in common. They were proposed by the Labour Party and implemented after winning elections.

Eventually you have to do a deal with the electorate and earn the right to govern. This won't happen from a rigid ideological standpoint.

The Tories justify their shredding of the NHS by pointing to the marketisation that New Labour introduced and Andy Burnham has since apologised for as minister at the time. Sorry my friend we need to give people a better choice than Tories or Tories-lite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here