Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Ward?

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
68 goals in about 130 appearances! The last striker we bought from Bristol Rovers wasn't to shabby!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sky sports saying Rotherham keep turning down bids from an un-named Championship club, could that be us?

Plays either as a left winger or as a striker. Fairly quick, lots of energy, scored a few goals in a poor Rotherham team, could he be the Baldock competition?

Thought he was impressive when he played for Huddersfield. Basically, a left winger in the Skalak style, but a much better crosser of the ball (his strength).

I' have doubts whether Danny Ward would be quick (=athletic) enough for the PL. A player I really like, but maybe we have moved to a higher standard now.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
To be honest 5m is a drop in the ocean an if we get promoted. If that's all we can get take the punt. It's back up and decent back up. Better than struggling with 3.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
To be honest 5m is a drop in the ocean an if we get promoted. If that's all we can get take the punt. It's back up and decent back up. Better than struggling with 3.

The problem is that is EXACTLY the attitude of clubs with EPL cash and then parachute payments that then drive the prices of bang average players through the roof. £5m for a player at the bottom of the Championship with 6 months on his contract is insane.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You sure about that? Crossing is completely Skalak's strength - it's what he does.

Danny Ward is better. He was the one that gave Brezovan all that trouble with outswingers.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
The problem is that is EXACTLY the attitude of clubs with EPL cash and then parachute payments that then drive the prices of bang average players through the roof. £5m for a player at the bottom of the Championship with 6 months on his contract is insane.

I entirely agree with you. But it appears we won't sign any one. It's a huge gamble. So I would rather we took a punt and signed a chap that can cover what we have than no one and it goes all Pete tong.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Danny Ward is better. He was the one that gave Brezovan all that trouble with outswingers.

In fairness, anyone that could cross a ball gave Sexy Pete problems.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've seen Huddersfield fans talking on a number of occasions about re-signing him from Rotherham, so I'd rather assumed it was they who were the unnamed Championship club.

I'd be amazed if it was us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You sure about that? Crossing is completely Skalak's strength - it's what he does.

Exactly, and when he is on song, better than anyone else at the club. His set piece delivery is his biggest skill. Off the pace at the moment, but he will be back to his best soon. All players suffer a dip in form now and again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here