Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have YOU besmirched the good name of the club in any way?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Due to my lack of besmirching in the past I have now printed out the article in full and used it to wipe my arse after a damn good NSC reading session, that will teach them!!!!!!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
today_i_feel_besmirched_white_tshirt.jpg

Marmaduke

SE London Seagull
Apr 28, 2010
SE London
I threw a traffic cone at a Bristol Rovers fan outside the Goldstone once in the mid 90s. I was 15.

Am a likely to get a retrospective lifetime ban? ???

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I invaded the pitch* once and helped get a game abandoned. I have also been known to shout. Sometimes encouragement, sometimes despair, and often using language that I wouldn't use in front of my Nan. (God rest her soul).

Probably best I don't go Saturday in case i misbehave again. (Not the pitch invasion, but the shouting).

*Not just me, there were a loads of us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I may or may not have besmirched the good name of the club by putting the phone number of a former chairman in a North West transvestite contact magazine in 1997 under the name of "Billie".

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

I think it was the magazine you besmirched...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Probably. I certainly invaded the pitch at Withdean at the final whistle when we as football paupers knocked moneybags Man City out of the League Cup. 'You can't condone people invading the pitch'. Well, actually, sometimes you can. It was brilliant. And at the end of the season, on the pitch is also fine in my book. Take away any spontaneous explosions of passion and emotion and everyone might as well pack up and go home.

D

Deleted member 2719

I was only thinking today at what a good besmirching I have had recently and how I may have to give out the odd lengthy ban.

ps. How does it work if staff are rude and sarcastic to customers???

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think this is mainly because of fans having altercations with Stewards, some of them really are quite jobsworthy! Also as the catering has gone downhill, some fans are losing it at the kiosks. No excuse for bad behaviour but better training and customer service improvements would help prevent these incidents.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I think this is mainly because of fans having altercations with Stewards, some of them really are quite jobsworthy! Also as the catering has gone downhill, some fans are losing it at the kiosks. No excuse for bad behaviour but better training and customer service improvements would help prevent these incidents.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. If there were less "provocation" of fans in the way of poor service and over-fussy stewarding that ignores common sense, that would help. However, it cannot be nice to be the subject of foul-mouthed abuse by some (possibly) drunken moron, and I am sure that there is no excuse for that.
Obviously all the humorous comments on here about besmirching are poking innocent fun, and are very entertaining, but there is of course a serious side to this, as I am sure everyone appreciates. Perhaps Barber's reminder will focus minds on this, but with a very small ignorant minority, I doubt it, sadly.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
I’m worried about this – where does it end? Do we all have to be church going smartly dressed clean shaven chaps ready to sing Sussex by the Sea on command? What happens if we miss a line or a word or a note? Do we dare, anymore, to drop litter under our seats? Should we cheer or chant, or maybe just a little polite clapping?

I think we should be told…

Seriously, though, this seems so politically correct to be almost nonsensical. I not one to criticise Paul Barber, who I think has done and does a pretty good job, so I can only think that this must have been sent out in his name by a junior employee. How else can you explain it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here