Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The most alarming part of the opening thread is the statement that ‘The CLUN was approached’.........

Are we really living in a society where it is acceptable for people to openly approach your clun without invitation.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wow, learn something new every day

I wonder how many more times this will be mentioned......

I know, this really is Yawnsville Tennessee, (or is it in Alabama?), anyway l digress.

I'm sure too, that there are a sizeable percentage of supporters for whom a Sunday lunchtime kick off is more suitable than 3pm on a Saturday. I'm not one of them but hey we are all different.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
https://twitter.com/PLinUSA/status/915677381440020480

it's on in the USA so there will 100% be an English speaking stream for anyone not going...

Yes, at 8:30 a.m. New York, 7:30 a.m. Chicago, 6:30 a.m. Denver, 5:30 a.m. Phoenix/Los Angeles. NBC Sports may be providing English language commentary for the Everton match but it's having trouble getting everyday Americans to watch PL football. I have a feeling most football watchers don't support Trump.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The game on Sunday is not being shown on Sky in this country however it is being shown live in wait for it (drumroll) INDIA !

Further evidence that the Premier League do not care about the inconvenience of the supporters who pay the wages of players , they are more intrested in getting more money through the global market.

What frightens me more is the clun were approached by the PL to authorise this.

No wonder people turn to the likes of Kodi when they are being mugged off .

Star Sports is the channel it is on if anyone can access that
So people in India are paying money so that when I go and watch on Sunday, I'll see highly skilled footballers wearing the blue and white stripes? God bless the Indians. I must remember to thank them next time they call to say my PC has a problem.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It's on SFR Sports in France. They have a lady who usually shows a fair bit of leg as one of the Premier League presenters. Three games live on the Saturday including a 4pm k.o and all the Sunday games with the occasional midweek, Friday/Monday game thrown in:drink:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Every game is shown here in Australia. Optus mobile out bid fox sports and stream every game free to optus subscribers. $10 a month for non optus users.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Seems to work for Plucky Bournemouth ;)

One of the reasons Bournemouth can survive in the EPL on tiny attendances is that gate receipts contribute only a small fraction of revenue. They are only able to compete because of the TV money.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
seems a little pointless and short sighted of sky to show it in some parts of the world and not in the UK while they are screening it and providing an Indian commentary why not just add an English commentary.? Do not understand the logic.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
seems a little pointless and short sighted of sky to show it in some parts of the world and not in the UK while they are screening it and providing an Indian commentary why not just add an English commentary.? Do not understand the logic.

Sky only get so many games a year. They did not want to use up one of those games to show us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sky only get so many games a year. They did not want to use up one of those games to show us.

Is that to show in the uk live or show anywhere The obvious if possible would be to record and show it later in the day as if a klive game. People could then avoid the result and watch it as if it was being played at 8.00pm thus costing sky nothing and not breaking the rules of the Premier League.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is that to show in the uk live or show anywhere The obvious if possible would be to record and show it later in the day as if a klive game. People could then avoid the result and watch it as if it was being played at 8.00pm thus costing sky nothing and not breaking the rules of the Premier League.

Show UK live. I think what you are describing is what happens anyway. On a Saturday you can watch any of the UK 3pm kick offs from about 7pm.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
will this happen Sun day evening for anybody that cant get to The Amex. It doesnt really affect me as I shall be there but I was thinking of supporters who live some distance away and cannot get to many games.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Here ion Turkey Digiturk has been offering almost every game even on Saturdays at 3pm. My daughter has watched more Brighton games this season than she had in her life!!!!

however, this is Turkey so waiting for it to go to bollocks for some bizarre reason (although Bein is in charge now and they are pretty reliable).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Here ion Turkey Digiturk has been offering almost every game even on Saturdays at 3pm. My daughter has watched more Brighton games this season than she had in her life!!!!

however, this is Turkey so waiting for it to go to bollocks for some bizarre reason (although Bein is in charge now and they are pretty reliable).

More likely to be an uprising I would think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here