Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed stamp [Charged, appealed, banned for 3 games]

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
5 Live are reporting that the "FA are reviewing footage of the incident" in their morning bulletins.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Tough one this I personally think it's a deliberate stamp but that's only an opinion. No one will know except Tomer.
Personally I am hoping the ref saw it in the game and believes it was an accident and writes his report up that way. Otherwise we are at the mercy of a panel, but as evidence of similar incidents we could just show the Barton stamp

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Full debate on Talksport going on now.......no consensus among those discussing it. One (Cascarino) saying 'definite ban', some not sure, Ian Abraham saying not a deliberate stamp, more a 'placing of his foot'

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It wasn't a 'stamp' at all. He trod on his leg. I genuinely believe it was accidental.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Think this will go one way only; shades of pointless appeal re DS at Boro..

Its diametrically opposite to that, though.

The Stephens one - he had been found guilty (by Dean at the time) and we were asking the FA to reverse that decision (and thus undermine the ref).

Hemed doesn't stand guilty of anything, right now.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I think you've got to take into account the speed of the game. A slowed-down replay will always make a challenge seem more malicious than it actually was at full speed.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Its diametrically opposite to that, though.

The Stephens one - he had been found guilty (by Dean at the time) and we were asking the FA to reverse that decision (and thus undermine the ref).

Hemed doesn't stand guilty of anything, right now.

I did say shades of in acknowledgement of different situations. The shades of refers to the trial by TV evidence afterwards.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
5 Live are reporting that the "FA are reviewing footage of the incident" in their morning bulletins.

The first report described investigation of 'a stamp' The second report described investigation of a 'alleged stamp'.

What a shite house load of old bollocks is the workings of the FA and/or the reporting of its workings. Its all effing showbiz.

The decision taken will be the one that the committee of so called experts decide will be best for revenue.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Graham Poll in the Mail thought it was accidental.

Graham Poll: "Andre Marriner appeared to miss the alleged stamp when Tomer Hemed clashed with DeAndre Yedlin.
There was contact on Yedlin's ankle but my first thought was Hemed tried to avoid his opponent.
The FA will look at it but the level of intent is hard to determine.
Chris Hughton backed his player and Rafa Benitez focused on the goal his team conceded, so my initial view that it was accidental would seem to be correct."

That's straight in to any club presentation - the considered view of a former top Premier League and World Cup referee.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Watching the replays on TV last night, looks deliberate to me to be honest.

Whatever happened to Britos btw for the tackle on Knocky? Now that was truly horrendous and deserved a lengthy ban.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Watching the replays on TV last night, looks deliberate to me to be honest.

Whatever happened to Britos btw for the tackle on Knocky? Now that was truly horrendous and deserved a lengthy ban.

Statutory 3 match ban, but management there 'not sure if he'll play for us again' according to the press

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
https://www.clippituser.tv/c/rvalaa

Thoughts?

Fantastic display by the man, but he is a very silly boy if that was deliberate. Fingers crossed he isn't given a retrospective ban..

I'm trying to work out if this clip has been messed with. The full replay of the incident from behind looks to start at full speed, slow right down at the moment he lands on him - which makes it look deliberate - and then speed up again. But I can't be sure?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
I understand why Newcastle fans would conflate the two incidents, but this and Shelvey's are poles apart, in terms of the evidence of INTENT.

This one, that is absolutely not clear at all - only Hemed will ever know if he meant to do it. Shelvey's was clear as day that it was deliberate (the world's gentlest 'stamp' I grant you, but deliberate, none the less).

I think the trouble is reputation. Shelvey has a reputation for being a nasty player (and rightly so), Hemed doesn't. However, objectively, both players were involved with their counterpart during the game leading up to the incident, both players were pointedly looking away from the counterpart and crucially both players could easily have avoided the incident all together.

They were both a deliberate act, but reputations will have a significant influence on any punishment.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It didn't look malicious to me. I think he was just off balance and did come down on the guys leg, but without any excessive force. He caught him, but it didn't look like a deliberate stamp to me.

However, I think he will get a ban for it, simply because enough of a fuss will be made by Newcastle, and he will be treated as gulty (because his boot did come down on teh guys leg) unless he can prove it to be accidental, which he will struggle to do.

It'll be a 3 match ban.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It was Yedlin's fault for trying to head-butt Solly's leg.Thought the yanks only did the knee thing when their anthem was playing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here