Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Someone else using your ST when you can't make it ... [Uh oh. Post 43]

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If we are talking a sperm sample, is now the time to mention tight fisted wankers?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We could all supply a phial of SPERM. This will allow DNA testing to ensure the right people are in the right seats but more importantly, could enable the club to CLONE everyone so if they don't turn up, the duplicate STH can be brought out and PLONKED in their seat anyway.

This would also solve the issue over the pretendance.

:thumbsup:

They could probably still collect my sample off the back of the seat in front of me, after Knockaerts little chip on Saturday. I'm assuming its still there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I can see stewards positively salivating over the number of code 1s this may generate - and let's face it, they love any chance to antagonise and ban fans. If you've been going 50 odd years, the word of one temporary tosser in a high vis who alleges you farted in an easterly direction and therefore can't come in carries more weight than a lifetime of stupid devotion and tens of thousands of pounds following this corporate juggernaut. Sorry, football club. Just saying...like. :)

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I can see stewards positively salivating over the number of code 1s this may generate - and let's face it, they love any chance to antagonise and ban fans. If you've been going 50 odd years, the word of one temporary tosser in a high vis who alleges you farted in an easterly direction and therefore can't come in carries more weight than a lifetime of stupid devotion and tens of thousands of pounds following this corporate juggernaut. Sorry, football club. Just saying...like. :)

How dare you besmirch The Club on social media! Expect a dawn visit from the hi-vis brigade.

PG

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
How dare you besmirch The Club on social media! Expect a dawn visit from the hi-vis brigade.

PG
Already been but left off on a technicality...it was a southerly direction. :)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
We could all supply a phial of SPERM. This will allow DNA testing to ensure the right people are in the right seats but more importantly, could enable the club to CLONE everyone so if they don't turn up, the duplicate STH can be brought out and PLONKED in their seat anyway.

This would also solve the issue over the pretendance.

:thumbsup:

My wife ( a STH) cant produce sperm.....(well not from herself)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
First world problems.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Put another way: why should the club bother ? If one decides to buy a season ticket it works the same way as a railway season ticket. Use it or lose it.. I would suggest that anyone who is bothered when they don't use their season ticket shouldn't buy one in the first place. The purchase doesn't come with an entitlement for refund of unused games. On the contrary, the relatively cheap game by game price is offered precisely because it is a commitment to pay for all games.
It's in the clubs interest to maximise the number of people physically in the stadium.

Better atmosphere, more food and drink sales plus the potential of new fans or certainly existing fans coming back to the club.

None of those are relevant on trains.........

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The £15 charge for a new card is taking the #### though. Banks just mail you a new one. I'm not suggesting that the club charge nothing, but £15 - you are having a laugh.

( disclaimer: yes of course you are an idiot for losing it )

It's very Ryanair.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patreon
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The £15 charge for a new card is taking the #### though. Banks just mail you a new one. I'm not suggesting that the club charge nothing, but £15 - you are having a laugh.

It's very Ryanair.

Slightly OT but I was talking about this with a chap on Saturday, how many of us are still using our original 5 year old cards? How long until after years of being in wallets will they start to disintegrate and we are expected to pay for a replacement??

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

It's very Ryanair.

I have the same card as issued for the first season, it will piss me off if I am ever charged to replace it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I have the same card as issued for the first season, it will piss me off if I am ever charged to replace it.

I did lose mine and had to get a replacement (my fault)

But to be charge £15 for a bit of plastic as a season ticket holder for many years.. WOW

Understand the clubs problems, understand the need to charge 60p more a pint that Wigan. But that.. I just laughed. I can avoid an expensive pie but need my bit of plastic.

That's what Ryanair would do. There is no justification.

I think I paid more than £15 to be honest at the time. My reaction ? The club lost more than £15 in Harveys sales :)

Sandwiches for the next few games for me. Such is life as a "customer", that's my usual short term reaction when the person taking your money acts like a headmaster.

Imagine life as a West Ham fan when the owners tell you everything is fine since everyone is telling them they have had a "successful re-brand".

I'm all for football clubs "moving forward" but when they misunderstand their "customers" there are surely moving the other way :)

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Slightly OT but I was talking about this with a chap on Saturday, how many of us are still using our original 5 year old cards? How long until after years of being in wallets will they start to disintegrate and we are expected to pay for a replacement??

Trusting that this does not prompt another knee jerk reaction from insider who apparently is empowered to make commercial decisions on the fly. There is an issue in that old season tickets can be revoked in terms of ground entry, but they still entitle you to free travel on match day within the travel zone.

Not a major money spinner, but where there are clearly a number of people (and here I do understand Insider's frustration) who seem to revel in getting something for nothing, no matter how trivial. Who enjoy sticking two fingers up at the club and the vast majority of fans who pay for what they get and expect to be treated fairly if there is a mishap

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Trusting that this does not prompt another knee jerk reaction from insider who apparently is empowered to make commercial decisions on the fly. There is an issue in that old season tickets can be revoked in terms of ground entry, but they still entitle you to free travel on match day within the travel zone.

Not a major money spinner, but where there are clearly a number of people (and here I do understand Insider's frustration) who seem to revel in getting something for nothing, no matter how trivial. Who enjoy sticking two fingers up at the club and the vast majority of fans who pay for what they get and expect to be treated fairly if there is a mishap

Well they need to sort that rather than placing a "no more than two school children at one time in the shop" poster outside.

We are "customers" apparently :)

(anyone bought a "seat licence") :)

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
They could probably still collect my sample off the back of the season ticket holder in front of me, after Knockaerts little chip on Saturday. I'm assuming its still there.

Corrected for you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's very Ryanair.

and Ryanair aren't even losing £10-£15,000,000 a year, for the privilege of being responsible for thousands of first world f**kjobs and their oh so important problems.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here