Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Dec 29, 2011
There's a book called The Manager by someone who's name I've forgotten. In there Arsene Wenger says there are two types of player - the ones who want money and girls, and the ones who want glory. He is only interested in the ones who want glory, and they are also the ones who have the longer careers. Guess we know which category Pritchard falls into. I get the impression that most of our players - ok they are still paid beyond our dreams - are in it for the glory.

Norwich are bigger favourites than us to get promoted. I guess Pritchard went there for the glory then. If only he was a money type of player we might have been able to tempt him.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Norwich are bigger favourites than us to get promoted. I guess Pritchard went there for the glory then. If only he was a money type of player we might have been able to tempt him.

??? They may be bigger favourites, but it is clear he has gone there for money reasons besides as stated we obviously cannot compete with Norwich's parachute payment silly money.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
I am still particularly sad we didn't get him. He is a brilliant player.

However, I do think he has made the wrong choice. I think Brighton will be ahead of Norwich this year because I don't think their recruitment has been that great and Pritchard is really the only one who catches the eye. They have lost Redmond and they will likely lose Olsson and although they have Johnny Howson in their side I don't see any creativity except perhaps Pritchard himself. Their strike force aint the greatest either and they will concede goals from corners for sure

Yeah Hoolahan, Maddison and Brady offer no creativity

Not sure there is a more creative player than Hoolahan in the division

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
??? They may be bigger favourites, but it is clear he has gone there for money reasons besides as stated we obviously cannot compete with Norwich's parachute payment silly money.
so going to a yoyo club as opposed to a team never to have played in the premier league is all about the money instead of glory?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
so going to a yoyo club as opposed to a team never to have played in the premier league is all about the money instead of glory?

I find it amazing that this question can even be asked. Ask yourself whether £500k pa (or even £100k pa) would turn your head? It would mine. I have no problem with players gold mining, it's not their fault, it is the fault of all the couch potatoes paying stupid money to watch Rotherham v Barnsley on a Friday night live.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
I find it amazing that this question can even be asked. Ask yourself whether £500k pa (or even £100k pa) would turn your head? It would mine. I have no problem with players gold mining, it's not their fault, it is the fault of all the couch potatoes paying stupid money to watch Rotherham v Barnsley on a Friday night live.

But in the main the better the club, the more money on offer too

You wouldn't criticise a player for joining Arsenal instead of Liverpool

It's not like Pritchard has agreed to join someone unfancied

Norwich are 2nd favourites

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Do yourself a favour and **** OFF

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

So Newcastle are predicted to do better than Norwich.......

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
mike79 - this is a BHA fans board.

We lost out on a player we wanted solely because of the size of your club's cheque book. We are a bit peeved about it and are expressing that on our own message board. This is not about you or your club so be a good chap and f*ck off back to your own board and let us enjoy our sulk in peace.

We will get over it and move on when we are ready although I suspect Prichard will get a bit of stick when he is next down our wearing yellow & green.

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Apparently we're in "meltdown".....yes I haven't slept since
c46457fae337187cb9c3334cb9113f66.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here