Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick to Villa

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Well, he has scored there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Strange one. Don't think he's prem quality and maybe smug Ed has told him his chances will be restricted. Having said that, Villa are about 10 times bigger than B'Muff so would be a dream move in that respect.

I'd assume we have a 25% or so sell on clause so we may gain a few hundred k out of this... :)

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
A perfect replacement for Greer/Dunk I would have thought? Great leader, and experienced at Championship level. I guess £3m price tag is a stumbling block..

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Great move for him, they will pay him a small fortune.

Must have been told they are strengthening in his position

I think 3 million is a bargain

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would it be harsh to suggest that he is probably better than Hunnemeir?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wholehearted, lovely bloke, but I never had him down as Premier League quality. I fully expected him to be replaced once they reached the promised land. Would imagine Smug Eddie has already told him he'll be bringing in new players.

Plucky Little Bournemouth (c) will no doubt be seeking to spend a few of the coppers they've found at the bottom of their Save The Cherries collection tin on a shiny new centre half or two, as their defence was the reason they weren't comfortably mid table all season.

Villa might have been a complete shambles last year, but perhaps if they cut their losses and rebuild from scratch, they're a big enough club to make a decent fist of getting back to the PL.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Wholehearted, lovely bloke, but I never had him down as Premier League quality. I fully expected him to be replaced once they reached the promised land. Would imagine Smug Eddie has already told him he'll be bringing in new players.

Plucky Little Bournemouth (c) will no doubt be seeking to spend a few of the coppers they've found at the bottom of their Save The Cherries collection tin on a shiny new centre half or two, as their defence was the reason they weren't comfortably mid table all season.

Villa might have been a complete shambles last year, but perhaps if they cut their losses and rebuild from scratch, they're a big enough club to make a decent fist of getting back to the PL.

There's a few too many prem teams likely to be looking for these for my liking.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
2 other 'Championship' clubs believed to be also interested in securing his services.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What happens with the sell on clause if we buy him back ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
2 other 'Championship' clubs believed to be also interested in securing his services.

Fulham? They've been desperate for a decent centre half for ages. One look at their Goals Against column reveals why.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Why would he drop a division? He's also skipper at Bournemouth.
Moving to a bigger club on more money, also more likely to be playing Premier League football in the long-run than the team he is leaving who will likely go down this coming season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here