Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Litter Wardens

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I just hope that the focus is on the important and most serious offenders, and not some old lady who accidently loses a five pound note out of her purse on a windy day.

What about the kind people who leave usable trinkets outside their house so that less affluent people can get some use out of them? I saw a nice box of kids shoes put outside someones house the other day, in good nick, which could have saved a less well off family a sizable chunk of money. Would these people now face fines for littering/fly tipping therefor putting them off future alturistic acts?

I think you're both going to be disappointed. The powers that be are not at all concerned about public reaction and the task force will have no discretion at all. They've been given a top 10 of the most serious types of offenders to target. Leaving nice kids shoes outside your house for less fortunate people is number 5 on their hit list and old ladies accidentally dropping a fiver comes in at number 1.

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
I think you're both going to be disappointed. The powers that be are not at all concerned about public reaction and the task force will have no discretion at all. They've been given a top 10 of the most serious types of offenders to target. Leaving nice kids shoes outside your house for less fortunate people is number 5 on their hit list and old ladies accidentally dropping a fiver comes in at number 1.

I knew it, the utter gutter snipes!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Part of the litter issue is the attitude of the bin men/women. Countless times they empty my bin and bins around the city and don't pic up any litter they drop from the bins.

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
Part of the litter issue is the attitude of the bin men/women. Countless times they empty my bin and bins around the city and don't pic up any litter they drop from the bins.

I've seen them empty communal bins and drive away leaving a massive pile of rubbish which "missed" their truck. I imagine its not laziness that stops them from picking it up but rather "targets" and having to have them all done by a certain time. I wonder what a litter warden would do in that situation?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Fantastic idea. Fed up off poo on the street and the owners not picking up after their dog.
Wish they would do the same here.

My partner is French and we went there over Easter to see the outlaws... Christ the whole town was covered in steaming dog turds... Also to the thundercvnt who puts his dog shit in my wheelie bin... just wait till I catch you!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My partner is French and we went there over Easter to see the outlaws... Christ the whole town was covered in steaming dog turds... Also to the thundercvnt who puts his dog shit in my wheelie bin... just wait till I catch you!

It's brilliant the way dog owners are so keen on exercising their dogs, even if they are often patently complete strangers to exercise themselves.
Face it, the only part of the dog that the dog owner is really keen on exercising is the dog's bowels. Dog owners = the ultimate NIMBYs. :shit:

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I'd be keen to understand how this will work in practice, as they are a private firm they will be looking for quick and easy turnover. So if a load of rubbish is tipped round the corner do you think they'll be interested in a drawn out and legally expensive court case (accruing evidence, interviews etc) which might award them a few hundred quid or tapping on the shoulder of someone who's dropped some litter?

The case of the latter is worth considering further, how can they issue a fine on the spot exactly? People will give false names or simply ignore them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'd be keen to understand how this will work in practice, as they are a private firm they will be looking for quick and easy turnover. So if a load of rubbish is tipped round the corner do you think they'll be interested in a drawn out and legally expensive court case (accruing evidence, interviews etc) which might award them a few hundred quid or tapping on the shoulder of someone who's dropped some litter?

The case of the latter is worth considering further, how can they issue a fine on the spot exactly? People will give false names or simply ignore them.

I assume that the body cameras they wear will record the offender and then when the fine is not paid they issue a wanted dead or alive poster with a bounty offered

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
I assume that the body cameras they wear will record the offender and then when the fine is not paid they issue a wanted dead or alive poster with a bounty offered

Ironically that's probably their thought process. So you've got footage of someone dropping something but they won't give you their name. You then do what (bearing in mind how costly the process could be in order to find them)? People tend to flytip in empty places at unsocial hours, getting footage is very difficult and, again, you're unlikely to catch them red handed.

Like car clamping before it was outlawed they'll just go for the easy hits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here