Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis Manu

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Based on what?

I will happily explain.

Signed on the 29th Aug. Played just 45 mins Now 1st Oct. A player that cost 1.5 million. Uwe cost roughly the same and was thrown straight into the squad and has since kept Dunk out.

Comments made by Hughton didn't exactly sound encouraging.

This isn't a Hughton player but brought in by a recruitment team. Find me one Reference otherwise.

I get the feeling he hasn't impressed Hughton in training(hunch feeling)

A quick cameo appearance against Wolves and i saw nothing at all to say we have got a cracker here. Yes early days i know.

As i've said on here many times before I'm happy to be proved wrong or have posts like this bounced in the future.

Something tells me he is our first duff signing this season and quite a costly one.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Based on what?
Based on the fact that we apparently paid £1M plus for him - and Burke isn't working for us any more. If at that price he can't do a job in the Championship, we are back to where we were last season; a crap team with crap player recruitment - and I don't believe we are.
Also, it was Feyenord he was playing for, not some noddy third division outfit. Play him!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I will happily explain.

Signed on the 29th Aug. Played just 45 mins Now 1st Oct. A player that cost 1.5 million. Uwe cost roughly the same and was thrown straight into the squad and has since kept Dunk out.

This isn't a Hughton player but brought in by a recruitment team. Find me one Reference otherwise.

A quick cameo appearance against Wolves and i saw nothing at all to say we have got a cracker here. Yes early days i know.

As i've said on here many times before I'm happy to be proved wrong or have posts like this bounced in the future.

Something tells me he is our first duff signing this season and quite a costly one.

I think a few things in your post are very accurate but not the last line. I don't think he is a bad costly signing. I just think he is a player who on his day is very good but his consistency might leave a lot to be desired. I would like to see him given the chance though, especially with the other wide players out

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. I'm told that Tony Bloom can't believe we got him for the price we did.

2. He believes he has the potential to be a £15m player.

3. ...but he will have days when he is just 'off' and the magic doesn't seem to happen for him.

I'm not going to write him off just yet.

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
He just needs time to settle. He's still only young and learning his trade, most of the reports from Holland said that he is still a raw talent with very high potential.

Now hopefully with at least a 3 game run in the side he can put together some decent performances

He's an unknown commodity and that is what will make him dangerous

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not going to judge him on the few minutes we've seen so far, but but he's obviously got something about him, and our recruitment over the last few months is looking pretty successful so far so no reason why he shouldn't turn out to be a good buy. Time to find out.......

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
1. I'm told that Tony Bloom can't believe we got him for the price we did.

2. He believes he has the potential to be a £15m player.

3. ...but he will have days when he is just 'off' and the magic doesn't seem to happen for him.

I'm not going to write him off just yet.

Very much this. I don't think we can judge him on the 45 minutes at wolves though some seem keen to.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very much this. I don't think we can judge him on the 45 minutes at wolves though some seem keen to.

I agree, though he was very poor and did not look interested in the U21 game either, though you could also the same about March in that game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With a name like Elvis, it's very improbable he'll be another Kemy. I believe he'll start tomorrow and cement his place in the starting line up for the next game.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I will happily explain.

Posts like this are everything that's wrong about NSC. A young player comes in from overseas and he's already being judged. There's a massive difference between him and Uwe. Uwe is much older and more able to deal with it and he was playing a position we needed to throw him into given the options available and the Dunk issues. Elvis was brought in to play wide and up front, where we've been well covered so far. Tomorrow is the first time we will be short in those areas and we don't know if he will start.

Starting to talk about duff signings and the manager not wanting him after he's been here a month is ludicrous and really unfair on the player (especially as you're suggesting he might not be training well).

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

A 45 minutes that most on this board didn't see first hand, so their view is just their interpretation of Warren Aspinall's opinion.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Posts like this are everything that's wrong about NSC. A young player comes in from overseas and he's already being judged. There's a massive difference between him and Uwe. Uwe is much older and more able to deal with it and he was playing a position we needed to throw him into given the options available and the Dunk issues. Elvis was brought in to play wide and up front, where we've been well covered so far. Tomorrow is the first time we will be short in those areas and we don't know if he will start.

Starting to talk about duff signings and the manager not wanting him after he's been here a month is ludicrous and really unfair on the player (especially as you're suggesting he might not be training well).

Agreed.

Let's not forget Murphy didn't have a spectacular debut, and NSC was definitely gearing itself up to give him a right slating.

And then he impressed us.

However, this has had the result of making it harder for Elvis to break through. And now the NSC knives are being sharpened again.

I 'fear for' Solly March if Elvis also kicks on, because that will mean less chances for him, meaning the NSC hive view of his shortcomings will magnify each week that Murphy, and maybe Elvis keep him out of the squad.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Based on a highlights video. Loads of space in the dutch league.
The clip in this thread shows him SURROUNDED by four defenders away from whom he somehow wriggles to score a crucial winning goal... :)

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Agreed.

Let's not forget Murphy didn't have a spectacular debut, and NSC was definitely gearing itself up to give him a right slating.

And then he impressed us.

However, this has had the result of making it harder for Elvis to break through. And now the NSC knives are being sharpened again.

I 'fear for' Solly March if Elvis also kicks on, because that will mean less chances for him, meaning the NSC hive view of his shortcomings will magnify each week that Murphy, and maybe Elvis keep him out of the squad.

Yup. I don' think it's unreasonable to have doubts about the likes of Solly March or say JFC. Both young and no doubt growing into their footballing careers but have also spent a fair few minutes on the pitch and I"m unconvinced either is good enough to move to the next level.

But to even suggest a player might be an 'expensive, duff' signing before he's barely worn the shirt is taking hysterical, hyper-doom-mongering to a silly level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here