Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can everyone stop shitting their pants please.....

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Remind us how many points off the drop zone!

The current deluge of fear and foreboding suggests that everyone is aware of that stat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Remind us how many points off the drop zone!

Yep that is always going to be more relevant ...and not just for us (although you wouldn't think it)...anyone from Everton down. as things stand ..a few wins or a few defeats and the picture changes for all those teams for most of the rest of the season imho

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If we're not setting up to have a go at teams, we're done for. A pattern has emerged, we are FAR too passive on the road, showing far too much respect, just looking to contain, keep the score down and maybe nick something late on. But even the poorest PL teams have enough quality where eventually they're going to hurt you.

No away goals since November at Swansea, over 10 hours ago tells its own tale. That is dismal. We're better than this, but we play with fear. I just knew we'd get turned over yesterday.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Martin O'Neill turned down Stoke, so that is at least a small positive.

They need to remain "not fit to wear the shirt".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Martin O'Neill turned down Stoke, so that is at least a small positive.

They need to remain "not fit to wear the shirt".

Big game tomorrow....

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
If we're not setting up to have a go at teams, we're done for. A pattern has emerged, we are FAR too passive on the road, showing far too much respect, just looking to contain, keep the score down and maybe nick something late on. But even the poorest PL teams have enough quality where eventually they're going to hurt you.

No away goals since November at Swansea, over 10 hours ago tells its own tale. That is dismal. We're better than this, but we play with fear. I just knew we'd get turned over yesterday.

That has been shown many times this season and it comes from............... the management team, strategy, game plan and team selection.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
We haven't scored away for 10 hours and haven't really looked like it either.
Our victory's have come against teams at the right time (West Ham (Bilic), Swansea (Clement), depleted Watford etc).
Our only pace is Izquierdo and he's been asked to support Bong for most of his time here who is in no way good enough for the PL imo
AK and Solly are struggling to believe in themselves going forward but with the amount of defending they do, is it any wonder?
We sit back when we have the lead and it has costed us (Bournemouth x2, Everton)
We haven't got the firepower needed to beat Palace, Stoke and Burnley at home.
Hughton's policy of everyone back at corners is completely failing and shows no signs of changing
We have and are failing badly with recruiting a forward.

I'm not shitting the bed but as things are we're down. West Brom, Stoke (with a new manager) will get more points than us. That said one signing and a bit of confidence can change all that. We're Brighton. We fight back.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
3 points apiece for the Albions isn't disastrous.Let's give Chelsea a sound thrashing (well,1 - 0 would be ok).

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
We haven't scored away for 10 hours and haven't really looked like it either.
Our victory's have come against teams at the right time (West Ham (Bilic), Swansea (Clement), depleted Watford etc).
Our only pace is Izquierdo and he's been asked to support Bong for most of his time here who is in no way good enough for the PL imo
AK and Solly are struggling to believe in themselves going forward but with the amount of defending they do, is it any wonder?
We sit back when we have the lead and it has costed us (Bournemouth x2, Everton)
We haven't got the firepower needed to beat Palace, Stoke and Burnley at home.
Hughton's policy of everyone back at corners is completely failing and shows no signs of changing
We have and are failing badly with recruiting a forward.

I'm not shitting the bed but as things are we're down. West Brom, Stoke (with a new manager) will get more points than us. That said one signing and a bit of confidence can change all that. We're Brighton. We fight back.

Good post, change needs to come from the top and CH, who we are told is agreat student of football, needs to come up with an alternative strategy and game plan as currently it is far to simplistic. A week spent on working on defending corners and set pieces and WBA score within 4 minutes, somewhere, someone is either conveying the wrong instruction or the players are not or unable or incapable of understanding the instruction.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That has been shown many times this season and it comes from............... the management team, strategy, game plan and team selection.

Its death by a thousand cuts. We're not getting smashed, but if we are constantly turning up to be timid, then the result will be the same.

Look at Bournemouth today. In Arsenals FACES, and even turned round a deficit. That takes boldness, and bravery. We're not going to Middlesbrough our way to safety, thats a definite.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think we’re entitled to be a bit concerned about the possibility of relegation. I appreciate no team is relegated in January but I struggle to see how things will improve at the moment. To date 3 of our 5 wins have been against clubs in total disarray; we cannot bank on future opponents falling apart in the way West Ham, WBA and Swansea did at the start of the season. We have a serious and seemingly unsolvable set-piece issue coupled with an odd approach to defending which seems to be based on grappling opponents as opposed to marking them or attacking the ball. We are not scoring anything like the amount of goals we need. We are very slow and predicable. We are regularly dropping points against low ranking teams. This is how I currently see it and I struggle to see how this will dramatically improve without serious change in managerial approach and fresh players.

Just to get Bruno to watch the ball rather then attempt to get a second career in WWE would be a start.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here