Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The sound at Blanck Mass last night was particularly marvellous.

They're playing here with Follakzoid in June. It's at Berghain as well. Sadly I'm away.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jeez, that'll be a good gig.

Yeah, I'm disappointed. I saw Follakzoid earlier this year and really enjoyed them; got totally lost in the music and dry ice and flashing lights. interested by the other guys as well.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Bill Ryder-Jones just confirmed as support for Steve Mason at Electric Brixton on 28 April.
Which is nice as events conspired to make me miss them both locally last month.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The line up for the jazz festival in Glynde is looking great including Kamasi Washington and Esperanza Spalding.

Doing Glastonbury, Great Escape and Field Day already this year though.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
The line up for the jazz festival in Glynde is looking great including Kamasi Washington and Esperanza Spalding.

Doing Glastonbury, Great Escape and Field Day already this year though.

Really looking forward to Kamasi Washington. The only downside being it will be a festival set; therefore only about 60 mins.

Peter Brotzmann tomorrow night.

Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] - have you seen that HMHB are playing in Southampton next month. Date could be an issue as it is Friday 13th May and we might have an important football match that evening!

They then have a gig in Cambridge in June before having a hiatus until next year.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
[MENTION=19671]CorgiRegisteredFriend[/MENTION] - have you seen that HMHB are playing in Southampton next month. Date could be an issue as it is Friday 13th May and we might have an important football match that evening!

They then have a gig in Cambridge in June before having a hiatus until next year.

Thanks. I did know they were playing the Cambridge date but not Southampton. Judging by the number of live dates they play-dare I say their life is one huge hiatus!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Off out shortly, Steve Mason tonight. Looking forward to this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wonderful and intimate acoustic Steve Mason gig tonight. Got talking to him post-gig about living in Brighton and he mentioned he drinks in The Foragers and The Better Half. Small world. He also brought his rider out to share, red wine, 3 sandwiches and some crisps, with some Polish kids who had travelled 9 hours on a bus.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Any one got any Great Escape recommendations? The gig planner is up on the website.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here