Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton i360 construction update.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
You will get a great view over Brighton and the Downs. Both beautiful, both full of sights worth seeing, and seeing them from a new angle will be lovely.

It'll be brilliant.

It will also look great from the beach, close up or from a distance, and from the sea.

I don't understand the negativity.

Is it that hard to understand? The skyline has been irrevocably altered by a building which many find to be unsightly or ugly. I would imagine the quality of the view is secondary to the concerns over how this actually looks in the city. I'm not hugely opposed to the idea of a large tower like this being added, but I'm surprised by how crap the i360 looks, and being so close to Shoreham power station does nothing to hide the similarities.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Is it that hard to understand? The skyline has been irrevocably altered by a building which many find to be unsightly or ugly. I would imagine the quality of the view is secondary to the concerns over how this actually looks in the city. I'm not hugely opposed to the idea of a large tower like this being added, but I'm surprised by how crap the i360 looks, and being so close to Shoreham power station does nothing to hide the similarities.

I am surprised that anyone would think it will look crap, personally.

Obviously, it isn't finished, and like many constructions it doesn't look great whilst being built. I can see the Shoreham Power Station comparison right now, but when it's done it'll be more akin to a shorter CN Tower, or the Ferhsehturn in Berlin, or the needle in Seattle. With a moving pod.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yeah right, great view of an industrial field of wind turbines all too soon.

Well don't go up it then. Sit inside on your computer moaning about stuff there's eff all you can do about. I know which will be more fun.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well don't go up it then. Sit inside on your computer moaning about stuff there's eff all you can do about. I know which will be more fun.

Alternatively he can save his £20, go down the pub, have more fun and cross his fingers that i360 Ltd don't go bust thus costing him yet more money ..... of course he could also runaway to another country after constantly moaning about a happening.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

It's tall and thin, like a model...whereas the monstrous carbuncles the Centre, Kingswest, Waterfront hotel you ignore...

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Alternatively he can save his £20, go down the pub, have more fun and cross his fingers that i360 Ltd don't go bust thus costing him yet more money ..... of course he could also runaway to another country after constantly moaning about a happening.

Or go see an amazing view then go down the pub? It's a good thing to happen to Brighton and I'm looking forward to the view.
I know there is an old school element on here that is scared of change but luckily they are normally not very pro-active people in real life so their moany old bollocks doesn't translate to action. Viva la Progres!!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011

Nibble you assumption making little man. I don't just sit behind my computer to give my opinion. Your right there is nothing I can do about it and I actually wouldn't want to. You want to go up the bloody pole that's up to you. I prefer my sightseeing views to be a little more discerning, thank you.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nibble you assumption making little man. I don't just sit behind my computer to give my opinion. Your right there is nothing I can do about and I actually wouldn't want to. You want to go up the bloody pole that's up to you. I prefer my sightseeing views to be a little more discerning, thank you.

You have made endless posts moaning how shite you think it is. From this I assumed you're a bit of a moany old guff. You've do e nowt to convince me otherwise.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Or go see an amazing view then go down the pub? It's a good thing to happen to Brighton and I'm looking forward to the view.
I know there is an old school element on here that is scared of change but luckily they are normally not very pro-active people in real life so their moany old bollocks doesn't translate to action. Viva la Progres!!

'Progress' backed by taxpayers money NOT private money .... but of course it won't affect your council tax bill. I'm all for the tower itself but it should be backed by private money not mine.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
'Progress' backed by taxpayers money NOT private money .... but of course it won't affect your council tax bill. I'm all for the tower itself but it should be backed by private money not mine.

It's a risk. And yes it will affect my council tax, I have a place in Brighton. However, if I'm going to discuss progress with anyone this evening, it won't be you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Alternatively he can save his £20, go down the pub, have more fun and cross his fingers that i360 Ltd don't go bust thus costing him yet more money
Instead of crossing his fingers it doesn't go bust, he could pay to go on it, reducing the chance of it going bust. And it's £7.50 for locals, not £20.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Instead of crossing his fingers it doesn't go bust, he could pay to go on it, reducing the chance of it going bust. And it's £7.50 for locals, not £20.

Ah, the good old financial blackmail argument. You're not Jason Kitcat or Geoffrey Theobald by chance ? So someone like me, and clearly [MENTION=20840]The Rivet[/MENTION] should pay to go on a white elephant because otherwise our council tax will go up ? The deal was corrupt, the Greens and Theobald did a deal. Millions have been lent to a private company that could neither persuade a private backer it was viable, that was already MILLIONS in debt and that has made up absolutely stupid projections. I kind of hope it fails because the whole thing absolutely stinks to high heaven. I will be boycotting it and I know plenty of other locals that will as well.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'm not against the 360. But I think the way they are trying to shut down the wheel and public money being given to a private enterprise does sound underhand to say the least. I would rather the council had renovated the arches with the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here