Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Onix was quite a late one for us, but I've seen a few around since, most notably on Worthing seafront near Steyne Gardens. What's annoying is I've often just ignored them. When you've got one and you can't evolve them, what's the point getting any more, right? I ignored one just yesterday heading up to Cissbury Ring.

I did a big round of evolves with a lucky egg a few days ago and wasted a lot of Oddish, Poliwag and Zubat candy that I could now have done with for those new evolutions.

Same here. Spunked 50 Eevee candy on a lucky egg and now 2 more evolutions rock up. Don't even start me off on Oddish. Haven't even secured a Vileplume yet across either of my lads accounts. This new update has the feel of a shit tonne of work being landed on your desk on a Friday afternoon.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A lunchtime stroll around Worthing seafront has seen me add Snubbull, Granbull, Misdreavus, Slugma, Remoraid, Sunkern and Hoppip to my collection as new species, and I've managed to add a few more candies for Sentret, Wooper, Marill and Natu towards their respective evolutions.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Are you guys finding 85% of pokemon encountered are the new ones? Assuming that's a temporary thing. I've also found a couple of Goldeens that just let balls repeatidly pass straight through their bodies.

Plodding along at level 26 and quite like the bonus XP for catching something with your first ball each time

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Are you guys finding 85% of pokemon encountered are the new ones? Assuming that's a temporary thing. I've also found a couple of Goldeens that just let balls repeatidly pass straight through their bodies.

Plodding along at level 26 and quite like the bonus XP for catching something with your first ball each time
I'd say I've been seeing about a 50/50 split between old and new.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I have found lots of Eevees around today, no high value ones but handy for candy. Getting plenty of Swinubs but lots of the new ones are one offs

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I was first thing, more like 50/50 now.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Haywards Heath has been rife for newbies today:-

Senret
Spinarak
Murkrow
Ledyba
Wooper
Piloswine
Natu
Skarmory
Swinub
Teddiursa
Furret
Marill

all in 1 hour.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Yes it was 85-15 split for about 16 hours here (and we're 8 hours ahead of UK) then I've started seeing more 50-50 or even 40-60. Maybe they rebalanced something.

Can't say I'm that enamoured with the new ones but might be I didn't grow up on them like the origionals.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Oh brilliant we can evolve Chansey. That's the Pokémon which, despite there being an event supposedly where there are more of them around, there was never one on my nearby list and I have the grand total of zero of. In 7 months, I've also hatched one Onix and never seen one in the wild. At this rate the kids will leave home before they fill out the Pokedex.

Moan over, it's a least different to see something else rather than Weedle's, Pidgey's and Rats.

Same here on Chansey except I have hatched one.

When the new ones were released I came across a Blissey straight away. Not having a clue it was special I let it get away. How long will I regret that!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Picking up plenty of fruit treats today at Pokestops... Tried a Pinap berry on something and got 5 candy instead of the usual 3. No sign of the extras needed to do Syther evolutions though.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I got an 'Up-Grade' special item this morning which will mean I can get a Porygon2 as soon as I have the required number of candies.

Conversely, I have enough Onix candy to get a Steelix, but haven't yet got the necessary 'Steel Coat' item.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The girlfriend has 3 different 'special items'. A metal coat, a kings stone and an upgrade (think got the names right) while I have spun just as much and gotten zero. I'm hoping that's not a portent of the score later (unless it's taking into account she's been wearing my Brighton shirt all day so hey, let's take it as a portent........ if only I had a flat cap to put on myself to really egg on fate).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Every time I nab a Murkrow I think of Dot Cotton in a hat.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Got a ton today on my first outing with the new gens. A Blissey and the opportunity to upgrade Scyther are the best of the bunch so far, with a fair few boring, rather cutesy looking Pokémon making up the rest.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's been a flurry of excitement here - up to 183 caught right now.

I've not seen any special items despite having visited approximately 1 zillion pokestops over the weekend, both in Worthing and London. I have enough candy to evolve a Scyther and a Porygon but not the special ingredient required.

The Steelix is a monstrous beast when you take one on in a gym!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I got an 'Up-Grade' special item this morning which will mean I can get a Porygon2 as soon as I have the required number of candies.

Conversely, I have enough Onix candy to get a Steelix, but haven't yet got the necessary 'Steel Coat' item.
Bad luck indeed... I have the Steel Coat but only 23 Candies.. It's a cruel world.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

I've not seen any special items despite having visited approximately 1 zillion pokestops over the weekend, both in Worthing and London. I have enough candy to evolve a Scyther and a Porygon but not the special ingredient required.

I'm yet to even see an Onix, so I'm a bit jealous.

I must say, I'm not keen on the Gen 2 Pokémon taking over. I've barely seen any Gen 1s since the new update

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

180 caught here, I have a day off work tomorrow so planning to go for a wander around Brighton and see if I can add to that total.

Re: the special items, it seems that the only time you are guaranteed one is when you spin the Pokestop to complete your 7-day streak each week, with a random, seemingly very low, chance to get one at other times.

I got a Dragon Scale when completing my 7-day streak yesterday, but similar to the Up-Grade I don't currently have enough Horsea candy to make use of it, so it's stored in the items bag for use in due course.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here